Monday, May 24, 2010

Lessons in Life...

Yesterday Patrick's nephew was having his birthday party at Trussville Playstation.  I hadn't been there is years!  Patrick was running late (as always) and I had forgotten how to get there.  (I wrote down directions but we still managed to drive around lost forever!)  So the party was from 2-5.  We get there around 3:30!  I was already mad because I hate to be late and I hate being lost.  When we finally arrived  we walked into the front and handed the girl our invitation and asked where we could find our party.  She looked at me and asked if I had another shirt...um no...why would I have another shirt.  Well apparently the Trussville Playstation now enforces a strict dress code.  I had no idea!  I was wearing a tasteful spaghetti strap top.  Well apparently your straps on your shirts have to be at least 1.5 inches.  They would not let me in!  I was so embarrassed.  I had to just walk away because I was either going to scream at the girl or start crying and I didn't want to do either.  I guess I was just upset because I thought the shirt was cute and never even thought that it would be a problem.  I am very conservative and would never wear anything that I didn't think was appropriate.  I mean I was going to a birthday party for an 8 year old boy...I would never want the boys moms to think I was wearing something inappropriate.  It was an awful experience.  So moral of the story always check to see if there is a dress code.  I looked at the invitation after we left and it did say in small print the dress code was strictly enforced.  I obviously didn't see that part or I would have worn a different shirt.  If it is that important it should have been printed a bit larger on the invite!
So we decided to come home and order pizza!  I hate we didn't get to see the kids play all the different games! but I guess I learned a very valuable lesson!

No comments: