Friday, December 5, 2014

Christmas Parade

Thursday night was the annual Christmas parade in Gardendale.  It's a tradition I look forward to each year.  We always went as kids or we were in it.  Carla and I started going together each year when we stumbled upon it one night after bootcamp.  We've gone together for the last several years.  This year Patrick had to work.  A few of my other "boy mom" friends were also going to be husband/daddy less so we decided to brave the crowd together with our wild boys.  Patrick let me borrow the truck so I parked it during the day to hold our spot.  Crystal and her boys picked Barrett and I up from work and we went to the park to waste some time before they started closing the roads.  Yall this parade is a big deal around here.  It lasts close to an hour and people start sitting in their spots 3 hours before it starts.  Luckily the weather was nice and it wasn't bad to be outside. 
We left the park and got the boys some happy meals and headed to our spot for a picnic.  We knew it was going to be a task to keep all the kiddos occupied before the parade started.  It wasn't so bad.  At one point Crystal was wearing a toddler and pushing one in a stroller but they loved it.  She is super woman.  
This cutie was in rare form.  He didn't take a nap all day.  He also went down the big slide at the park.  I know he was exhausted but he was so good.
At one point they were all strapped down in the strollers while we were waiting for the parade to get to us.  Crystal was feeding the marshmallows and they were tolerating it.  
They were (mostly) all smiles when it finally got to us.  
This picture seriously melts my heart.  I hope these boys are friends forever.  I'm so thankful to have friends to raise sons with!
My sweet boy and me.  (Thanks Crystal for snapping this one of us)  I look exhausted, I was!  :)
And again.  This bunch is so much fun.
It was a long, tiring night but it was so worth it.  I've loved seeing all the families enjoying the fun night.  I know a lot of work goes in to planning this event but I love being a part of a community that puts in the hard work so that we can enjoy these moments with our kids and friends.

No comments: