Monday, December 22, 2014

Weekend Review

We had a jam packed weekend from Friday morning all the way through till Sunday evening (and I'm adding in today's excitement too).

Friday morning was Barrett's birthday playdate.
Friday night we headed to my parents house for the annual gingerbread house building competition.  We were all uninspired and it showed.
This little stinker kept trying to eat the candy off my house.


These are John's, mine (in the back) and Hope's. They were only okay, but we still had fun.
Saturday morning I was so excited to sleep late and my phone rang at 6:00, it was a number I didn't recognize so I ignored it.  Then it kept ringing and ringing.  I finally answered it,  Patrick was calling from work to tell me he'd left his phone at home.  I could have killed him.  But I went ahead and got up to try to get some things done around the house.  
For lunch we headed to the Horton's to celebrate Melissa's birthday.  We had lunch and cake and then Barrett and I had to run.

We were headed to celebrate Jackson's 2nd birthday.  These four were showing their age.  Barrett was being so mean I thought we were going to have to leave early.  But we all survived.

After Jackson's party we headed home to get ready for the Slovensky family Christmas party.  My cousin Ryan and his wife Natalie hosted us in their home.  (Yes the cousin that just had a baby 12 days ago). 
I bought these leather looking leggings last week and decided to wear them.  I was taking a picture to send to Brittany.  I thought it was funny.
I didn't take any pictures really.
I love this picture of Me and Barrett and Ryan and Hudson.  

Sunday I got up and went to Mass.  I came home and took a nap.
After nap time, we met John and Hope and Matt and Jennifer and went to the Festival of Lights at Oak Mountain.  It was fun.  We weren't all that impressed but Barrett enjoyed it.
After the lights we grabbed some Mexican food.

We came home and got ready for bed.  Before bed we watched Home Alone.  Barrett actually sat and watched it with me.  I loved the snuggle time.

We worked today and then we went to the hospital to meet Baby Olivia.  Lorie had another rockstar labor and delivery.  Kristen and I headed over after work.  (For the record Barrett is still scared of elevators.  Kristen thought I was being dramatic until Barrett started crying before we even got on one.)

And then this happened...and I melted.
He kept saying "Baby, Baby".  He tried to poke her in the eyes but Lorie said that was only fitting since Elise slapped Barrett on his day of birth.  It was a sweet time.  Barrett and Elise played and played.  Elise was the most precious big sister.  
I just love these pictures Joseph sent me.  He was so sweet to send them so quickly.  Olivia looks just like Elise (and Joseph).  It's been a whirlwind weekend.  We've got one more day of work this week and then it's Christmas.  It's really snuck up on me.  (I still have more shopping left to do than I care to admit.)




No comments: