Friday, December 26, 2014

My boy is 2!

Well, I have a two year old.
It seems like yesterday I was sitting in the hospital bawling my eyes out because I was so overwhelmed by the love I had for him.  I still get emotional when I talk about those first few days with him.
We've been to visit a few new babies this month and all those feelings and emotion just come flooding back to me when I see people I love experience the joy of a new blessing.  But back to Barrett.  He is definitely showing his age these days... He's been pushing and not sharing.  We're also experiencing a sleep regression that might send me to the looney bin.  I am loving this age though.  I love asking him a question and hearing a reply.  Even if it is just one word.  We have seen so much progress in his speech it is amazing.  I feel like he learns a new word everyday.
  • You are ________tall. (We haven't had your check up yet.)
  • You weigh right at 30lbs.
  • You wear mostly 2t clothes.  We've thrown in some 18m and 3t as well.
  • Size 6 shoe and size 5 diaper.


  • You eat three meals a day with a few snacks thrown in.  You love chicken, bananas, oranges, grapes, yogurt, cookies, goldfish, candy.  You definitely have the toddler diet down.
  • Until last week we were sleeping 12 hours at night and taking one 2-3 hour nap each day.  This week has been a different story.  You're still sleeping ok at night once you fall asleep but nap time has been a nightmare.  Hopefully this is a stage that will be over soon.
  • You have dropped the paci.  You chewed the ends off of all of them and we haven't given you any more.  You still like to have it when you're going to sleep but you don't take it out of the crib. (now that I think about it, I guess this could be while you aren't sleeping well.)  You still love your little bear and want it for comfort.  

  • You love cars,  You've always loved anything that rolled but you've discovered cars and you have at least one with you at all times.
  • You've gotten a lot more independent.  You'll play by yourself at the park and at home.
  • You love Ally and have to tell her bye every morning when we leave.
  • I left you for four nights this Fall and you did great with your Daddy.  



  • You have probably 20 words you use daily.  I love hearing your little voice.
  • You're doing great in Early Intervention.  
  • You're also doing great at school.  I'm so glad we decided to send you.  
  • You don't love being confined at work but you still do well though.  In fact Grampy Steven says he'll be sad when you have to go to school everyday. I will be too)
  • You are terrified of elevators.


I can't believe you are two years old.  You have been such a joy to us.  Even though the last couple of weeks have been trying, it's only because I don't want to screw up.  I want to do everything right.  I've afraid if I discipline you to much or not enough you're going to not feel loved or like you can get away with anything.  I just don't want to mess up.  I have know idea what I'm doing and I'm afraid you're going to suffer because of it.   I know that this too shall pass and we'll be back to our selves soon enough.  You have the sweetest spirit and I don't ever want to crush it.  I love you so much Barrett.  I hope you always know that.
Happy Birthday!  I love you more than words can say.

No comments: