Friday, June 26, 2009

Tribute...

June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett... The only memory I have of this woman... At our family lake cabin we have a coffee mug with the infamous red swimsuit photo on it. The boys always fight over it. Well they don't really fight but whoever gets up first always gets the Farrah mug! I will also remember of course your hair and smile. Even in the end when you were fighting this disease you let us into your struggle but I was always amazed at your ability to still wear such a big bright smile! We hate that you died of this terrible disease but we admire the attention you brought to it. Cancer affects so many lives only those who have been through it or lost someone to it can truly understand!


Michael Jackson. You were affectionately known as "Wacko Jacko" for a reason. I just can't help but look past your personal life to enjoy your music. On a bad day I simply slip in Thriller and it instantly makes me smile. Every event my family goes to where there is a DJ or you can request music we always request Thriller. It is and will continue to be a family favorite! I wish I could have been a teenager in the height of your stardom professionally.

This will be one of those days where my children ask where were you when. So for them... When I heard the news of Farrah I was sitting at my desk at work and I saw the headline on People.com
I immediately texted my sister to tell her the news. She was upset. It was a sad day.

Then Patrick and I were watching the news where they broke in to live coverage to tell us the news. Michael Jackson had gone into cardiac arrest. They later broke in to tell us they were unable to save his life. It too was very sad. When I got up to call my sister she was texting me. She had heard the news and wanted my to confirm it.

No comments: