Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gymnastics

I took gymnastics the entire time I was in elementary school.  I started in the first grade and I quit at the end of sixth grade (when I didn't make the junior high cheerleading squad and I thought there was no reason to live. Ha!).  I loved it.  I guess I liked it so much because I could put all my frustrations into the floor exercise or vault and it made me so much stronger.  (Not that I had many frustrations at 6 years old but I did share a room with my little sister.)  I'm pretty sure the Lord gave me a little sister to teach me patience.  And I'm still trying to learn. But that is a whole other post in itself. 
Back to gymnastics... Patrick's nieces take a gymnastics class at their school and last night was their end of the year program.  They don't compete so there are no meets to watch them so we went last night to see all that they'd learned.  It was so cute.  They've learned so much.  It was so much fun to get the see them.  Kathryn is 4 and everytime she finished a move she would hold her pose until I took her picture.  It was pretty funny.  Sarah is 6 and she is so good.  They both weren't scared of anything (which I think is a big part of gymnastics).  Patrick and I both are so proud of them.  Patrick had worked in the yard all day yesterday, he was tired and didn't really want to go.  His excuse was it's not that big of a deal, and no it probably wasn't that big of a deal.  But To the girls it meant the world.  I think they were so excited that we came.  They both grinned ear to ear when they saw us.  On the way home Patrick told me he was glad that he went and he could see that it meant a lot to them. 


The funniest thing, this little boy's mother apparently came in late (there was a wreck on the interstate) and when he saw her he waved really big and then shouted, "Mom, You missed everything!" it was one of those moments when you have to laugh but you know that mom probably wanted to cry!
When we got home we watched the movie Brothers with Natalie Portman, Tobey Maguire, and Jake Gyllenhaal.  It was so good.  Kind of sad but good.  It made me wonder what Patrick would do if something happened to me and vice versa.

No comments: