Saturday, April 24, 2010

Magnolia Festival Saturday (last Saturday)

Last Saturday was the 9th Annual Magnolia Festival.  We had a ball.  I volunteered to help with the Pooch Parade.  It was so much fun seeing all the pooches.  I aslo got to be a judge.  Let me tell you that was a lot tougher than it seems like it would be.  There were 40+ precious pooches to choose from.  I judged the best costume and best team.  Those might have been the hardest to judge after cutest dog and cutest puppy.  We also had to choose best photograph, judges choice and the King and Queen.  It was so much fun.  I didn't get to see the awards being given out cause I had to leave but I heard it was a hoot.  The only thing I hate about helping was I didn't get to see anything at the festival.  My parents brought Drew, Ava, and Porter and I didn't get to see them play anything.  Drew entered the cookie eating contest and I missed it.  My sister said he came in second.  Here are a few pictures that my Dad took.
Hope and the kids.
Me working the registration table for the Pooch Parade.
Porter with the fire truck.

I think these two won Best Team!
The Pooch Parade King

After my judging duties were fulfilled I headed to Caroline's house for Whitney's lingerie shower.  It was so much fun!  She got some really cute things.  I opted for practical so I got her two super soft and comfy gowns from Old Navy. 
Sisters pictures. (L-R) Erin, Caroline, Whitney, Beth, Elizabeth, and me.
The Little sisters.
The big sisters
Such a fun day.  Now I'm going to try to not get blown away.  It's supposed to get bad here.  It's already been pretty bad in Mississippi. I pray that everyone is okay and it doesn't get any worse here.

No comments: