Monday, March 29, 2010

Ice Cream Man and Bunko

I love surprises!  Today when I got home from work Drew, Ava and Porter were here. (and my brother and two of Patrick's friends)  I just love when I get to see the kids.  It was beautiful today and they were playing in the yard.  We had a blast.  We skyped Elizabeth and just had a great time.  Then we got a real treat.  The ice cream man came to our neighborhood.  I heard him before anyone else did.  When Ava finally heard him she went running inside to see if her Daddy had any cash.  We then rushed to the street to wait on him to come back by on his way out of the neighborhood.  When he stopped I asked Porter what he wanted and he just kept saying ice cream.  We finally settled on Batman, Ava got a Scooby Doo, and Drew got an ice cream sandwich with chocolate ice cream.  They were in heaven. I brought a blanket outside and we just sat in the front yard and enjoyed the afternoon sun and our tasty treats.  Porter managed to get it from head to toe.  They were all so sweet.  They are some of the sweetest kids.  Out of nowhere Porter would yell my name from across the yard and then say "I yove you!" It was so sweet.  Then when he was talking to Elizabeth he told her he missed her.  It was the cutest thing. 
Here are some photos of them enjoying their treats.

I just love this one of the three of them. 
This is the only picture I took of Ally.  She stayed right with us the whole time. I made her go back inside when the big kids were finished and I stayed otuside with Porter while he finished his!

Also tonight I was invited to play bunko with my friend Brittany's group.  I've played several times with a couple of different groups and it is so much fun.  I didn't win but I did enjoy meeting new people and playing the game.  The theme was "Wigged Out" not everyone wore a wig but the few who did were pretty hilarious.  I didn't take any pictures but I had a blast. 
Now I've got to get in the bed.  The alarm is going to go off way to early tomorrow.

No comments: