Monday, March 1, 2010

Just Livin Life...

This weekend was very low key.  I didn't do anything really blog worthy.  I had a huge to do list of rooms I needed to clean and organize.  I didn't get any of them done really.  I did get all our photos from our trip printed and put into an album.  I was pretty excited about that.  I also printed a few more photos for some empty frames we've had laying around the house since...oh I don't know...OUR WEDDING!  Almost 2 years ago.  ( I can't believe it's almost our 2nd anniversary.  Wow time flies!)  So I did do some productive things but not nearly enough.  I've still got a ton of cleaning to do!  I hate to clean and my house reflects that!  I would really like to get some things put on the walls in our house.  We have about 5 things hanging on the walls.  I would like to change that.  We have tons of things sitting on the floor by the wall we think they should go on.  We just have to get them up!
Sunday I went to church.  We took my sweet nephew Porter.  We were sitting in church and my mom tryed to get him to blow his nose.  He was having none of it.  He finally took the tissue and stuck it up to my face and said "blow".  It was so funny.  I couldn't stop laughing.  Then he said "stop laughing...and Blow!"  I tried as best as I could to "blow" my nose on the tissue.  He then took the tissue and put it in his pocket.  It was the sweetest and cutest thing.  We have been laughing about it all day. 
Some sad things have happened.  A boy my little brother graduated from high school with and played football with passed away today.  He was in an accident about a month ago around a campfire.  From what I understand the gas can he was holding blew up and he basicly caught on fire.  He's been in the hospital for weeks.  His parents had to take him off life support.  I can't imagine having to take you child off life support.  I have had a heavy heart all day long for this young boy and his family and friends.  So if you have a moment say a prayer for this family. 
On a random note...it seems like everyone around me either has a child, is expecting a child, or trying to have a child.  It makes me want one but I know we are not ready.  I'm lucky enough to have neices and nephews to hug on when theres a hint of baby fever.   Patrick and I are so enjoying being married and we don't get enough time to spend together as it is.  Our work schedules don't allow us to really socialize with our couple friends so it's hard.  We'll know when we're ready and God's timing is always perfect!
Wow I've written way to much to not have anything to say.
Today when I got home from work I had a sweet surprise. Drew, Ava, and Porter were here playing in the back yard.  They were having a blast.  It was so good to get to play with them.  Porter stepped in dog poop them tracked in all over my carpet but he's just so dang cute you can't be mad at him.   I snapped a few pictures of them.  I just realized it's been a while since I've shot them.  They are my favorite subjects.


Sorry for the long ramblings...hope I didn't bore you to tears.  Check back later I'm sure I'll have a few words about the Bachelor Finale especially if it goes the way I think it's going to go!

No comments: