Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up

I had a great weekend.  Saturday I spent the day with my sister who is home for spring break.  We went to Target.  We ended up sitting in the patio furniture reading this book that she bought for my nephew.  The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, it was so funny.  We laughed and laughed.  I want to get a comfy outdoor chair to put on my covered deck to sit in and read in the afternoons.  I've got my eye on one.  Now I just need the cash!!!  Then we went to Panera and had a late lunch.  I love Panera I wish we had one closer.
Sunday was family day. My little brother made it home for spring break so almost the whole gang was at lunch.  (My older brother had to work so did my dad!)  We went to church.  Then had lunch.  We also went to the new Gardendale High School for the open house.  It is so nice.  My photo appears in the new school a total of 2 times.  I was pretty pumped about that. They also added all the cheerleading trophies to the trophy case which sister and I were very proud of.  (Yes I know we are huge dorks!) 
I some cute pictures of the babies that I'll share whenever I get them loaded onto my computer. Probably later this week.
Yesterday afternoon when I got home from my parents I got on facebook to see what was happening.   I saw a post from a friend of Patricks talking about his cousin had passed away.  I couldn't believe it.  His cousin and  I were friends in high school and at UA.  I had to call a friend to make sure it was true.  It was Danny was dead.  It has broken my heart.  He was one of the nicest people I've ever known.  He was one of those people that was a friend to everyone he met.  He had a laugh that was contagious.  His whole body laughed when something was funny. 
It is so important to live for today cause you are never guarenteed tomorrow.  I hate having to be reminded this. 
I had to call my best friend and roommate at UA to tell her and I basicly just blurted it out when she answered.  Then she told me that she was at her aunt and uncles house because her aunt's mom was also found dead yesterday morning.  I felt awful.  It was a pretty lousy afternoon to say the least. 
I guess that's all the rambling for one day.  Please keep these families in you prayers this week.  I know it will be a tough one.

No comments: