Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sister's Ornament Swap Party

Let me start by saying I think everything tastes better out of a Christmas coffee mug.  I dug mine out this morning and my coffee is just better.

Last night the women in Patrick's family (his mom, aunts and cousins) had a little get together to celebrate Melanie's birthday and swap ornaments.  Yall know how much I love ornaments.  There were so many cute ones and I got the last pick (we played dirty santa).  I had a hard time deciding but in the end I decided to open the last gift.  I was so excited because they weren't to girly (our tree doesn't need anything else that is girly) and they were kinda big (which we also needed on our tree because we don't have to many ornaments).

Aren't they so cute!  I love them! 
Vikki made chicken Alfredo, a yummy broccoli, salad and awesome cheese biscuits.  I want to go to the meat store today to get a bag of the cheese biscuits.  She also made strawberry cake for Melanie's birthday.  On a side note...all the women in Patrick's family like to cook and they are so good at it.  I want to be like that I really do try but I have no patience for cooking.  I usually get so flustered and leave out a main ingredient and everything turns out like crap.  I've never tasted anything made by these women that wasn't delicious!  I think I'm going to make my New Years resolution to try at least one new recipe each week. I think that's doable.  The only way I'm going to get any better is with practice, right!
Patrick's sister Emily, Me and Allison (Patrick's sister in law).  This is the first picture we have of the three of us.  It was about time!

Us with Patrick's mom. 

It was such a fun night.  These women always make me laugh.  I love my new ornaments and them memories they hold!

No comments: