Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Soup & Fire

We built a fire tonight... love having a fireplace.  We don't build fires often but I love it when we do!  For Christmas my parents gave us a set of fireplace tools and a box of "fatwood" fire starters.  As I'm typing it doesn't look like the actual wood is going to light.  Oh well maybe next time. 
Anyway since it's been so cold here all I've wanted to cook and eat is soup.  Sunday night I made Broccoli & Cheese Soup (I got the recipe HERE) It was absolutely delicious.  I've made it several times but I think this time was the best.  Patrick has been battling a stomach virus and I had mentioned trying to make a vegetable soup tonight and he thought that sounded really good so I look up a few recipes.  I thought it turned out really yummy!  It was not what you'd expect when you think of Vegetable Soup but it was really good!
Vegetable Soup
2 (15oz) cans Veg All
4 (12 oz) cans Chicken Broth
2 (12oz) cans black beans
1lb smoked Turkey sausage sliced (you can use regular sausage I just like the Turkey better)
1 (16oz) bag rotini pasta
 1 Tbsp (or to taste) Black pepper
2 Tbsp Garlic powder
1 Tbsp Salt
1 Tbsp Oregano powder
(All the spices are approximate.  I didn't measure them as I was adding.  You can add pretty much anything and it would be good I think)

Add everything to a pot and simmer for 30-45 minutes.  Yes, It's that easy! 

No comments: