Friday, June 1, 2018

Summer Bucket List

Last year we had so much fun marking things off our Summer Bucket List that I thought it would be fun to make one for this year too.  As I've mentioned once or 50 times, Barrett is going to kindergarten in the Fall and I want to soak up as much fun as we possibly can this summer.
So, we made our list and we're making plans to start checking things off.

Bowling 
We went bowling last year for Steven's birthday and had so much fun.  We can't wait to do it again.  Plus it'll be nice indoor fun when it gets really hot around here.
Lake weekend
I want to go to the lake with at least my little family of four and spend the weekend.  There is nothing like waking up at the lake.  It's my favorite.  I don't think AveryAnn has ever spent the night.  This was on our list last summer and it was one of the few things we didn't get checked off so I'm determined to make it happen this year.
Splash Pad
We have a great local splash pad that we hit up often during the summer so this one shouldn't be too hard to check off.
Movie: __in the park  __Alabama Theatre __Incredibles 2
There is something about sitting in a park watching a movie outside that I just love.  There are several opportunities to do this all over town so hopefully we can make at least one.  The Alabama Theatre is just beautiful, in July they do a "throwback Thursday" kids series.  We can't wait for this years.  Finally, the Incredibles 2 is coming out this Summer and we're excited to see it.  Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
Beach Weekend
We're hoping to get to go stay with our friends for a long weekend this summer.  Barrett has already specifically asked to go to the beach at Tony and Carla's house.  
Barons Game
We loved going to the Barons game last year.  This year Barrett is very into watching baseball.  He and Patrick watch it on TV so I think he will love getting to watch it live.  This might be one that we do more than once too.
Zoo Day
We're going to put our zoo membership to good use this summer.  One thing that we've never done that I hope we get to see is the sea lion show.  We've never seen it and heard it's so good.  
Water Park
My plan is to go to either Alabama Splash Adventure or the Cullman Aquatic Center for a day.  I think my kids will love either.  
Picnic
This one should be pretty easy.  
Girls Night- Beauty and the Beast (Moms Night Out)
We can't leave the moms out, my friends and I are planning to go see Beauty and the Beast at the Red Mountain Theater Company.  I love Beauty and the Beast and can't wait for a fun girls night.
Reading Program at the Library
We've already signed up for the Summer Reading Program at our local library.  We've been reading a lot already.  This is my favorite thing we've done in the past.  I remember doing it as a child and it's so much fun getting to take my own kids now.  AveryAnn is more into this year too which makes it that much better. 
Shrimp Boil
We're planning to have our 2nd Annual "Back to School" shrimp boil at the end of the summer.  We had so much fun last year and who doesn't love a shrimp boil.
Urban Air
Another one that will be great for when its too hot to breathe outside.
Sno Shack
I'm betting we hit the Sno Shack for sno cones more than a few times this summer.
Kickball Game
I want to do a big co-head kickball game with all our friends and kids.  I think the boys would think it was so much fun.  Plus I didn't get to play last Thanksgiving and I'm itching to get on the field.
Lets Play
Barrett and AveryAnn both love Lets Play.  I love that it wears them both out.
Ice Cream treat
I might try to this one on one with each of the kids to make it extra special.  Barrett loves quality time so getting to get a treat all by himself will thrill him.
Go on a Hike
We have a great hiking trail not far from us and I've never taken the kids but I think they would love it.  So I'm going to convince Patrick we need to do that one weekend.

There you have it.  Our 2018 Summer Bucket List.  I'm going to try my best document it all here but I've also added it in my highlights on Instagram so follow along there if you don't already.  MaggieMHorton 

No comments: