Friday, August 10, 2018

Barrett's First Day of Kindergarten

How in the world is Barrett old enough for Kindergarten?
He was so excited.  I was so excited and so nervous and so sad too.  I'm just sad that the time has passed so quickly.  It feels like yesterday that I was so worried because he wouldn't talk.  Now he talks all the time.  He has the sweetest spirit and I hope that never changes.
We brushed our teeth and climbed into bed to read.  Our last book from Dolly Parton was "Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come!".  I made it through but just barely. 
Love my big boy!


Patrick was going into work late so he could go with us for drop off.  Our school encourages you to walk your child in the first day so we made it a family affair.  Barrett got up and got dressed.  He didn't want anything to eat or drink.  So I worried all morning that he would be hungry.  He was so excited about his lunch box and his new shoes.

I love him more than words could possibly convey.   
All smiles until it was time for us to leave him.  We got to his classroom and I could tell he was getting nervous.  Which did not help my nerves.  I passed a friend in the hall that also has a kindergartener and she tried to talk to me and I was like "I can't!"  I knew I would lose it if I stopped. (I apologized later).  He gets to his seat and says he wants his bear.  His teacher had already told me he could bring it, but he didn't bring it because he said he didn't want it.  (I didn't know this took place, because I would have grabbed it just in case.) So we basically just had to hug him and walk away.  He was crying but not too bad.  We passed Jackson and Jessica going in so I knew he would be ok when Jackson got in there.  His sweet teacher let him sit by Jackson and play with play dough and Jessica told me he was fine.  


Later his teacher sent me this picture.  I love his teacher so much.  She is so sweet and nurturing.  I think we're going to have a great year.  
He rode the bus home and I could. not. wait. for that big yellow bus to turn on my street.  I practically ran out in front of her so she knew to stop.  He got off the bus all smiles and was so excited!  He loved that the bus didn't have seat belts.
He wanted to ride the bus this morning so I let him.  He thinks he is big stuff!  I thought it would be easier putting him on the bus...I was wrong. He climbed on and I had to run back home because the middle school/high school girls waiting on their bus saw me. I'm just so proud of him!  I just can't believe he's this big.

No comments: