Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mother's Day

We kicked off Mother's Day weekend with a little date night at Birmingham Botanical Gardens for the Arc Stories event.  We picked up food and met some friends and had a fun night listening to live storytellers.  I love the Arc Stories podcast.  I have a love/hate relationship to going to the events because while I enjoy listening to the stories live, I hate that then I've already heard the stories when they are on the podcast. So I don't go to many events but the one in the gardens is my favorite.
I'm not going to lie, getting there was a pain.  We were worried about getting our food and getting there on time.  When we got there we realized they didn't put forks in our to go food.  I threatened to leave and go home.  We ran to a store and picked some up.  It was really no big deal and I totally over-reacted. 

We made it a quadruple date night and it was so much fun! 

The kids spent the night with my parents.  Saturday before I picked them up I ran to the store to get last minute Mother's Day gifts.  Then we came home and relaxed at home!  I feel like we've been on the go so much this spring it was nice to just be home.

Patrick went to the grocery store on his way home and got stuff to grill steaks for my Mother's Day dinner.  We cooked way to much food but it was all so good! AveryAnn and her daddy both love corn on the cob.  She will eat her weight in corn.  

I forgot to take a picture before I dug in.

Sunday we got up and went to Mass.  I found this sweet Lilly Pulitzer outfit for AveryAnn in a consignment sale.  It is adorable and I love it so much.  They don't make this print anymore so I got on ebay to see if I could find a shirt or something that matched it for me.  Much to my surprise I found a dress so I ordered it. (I was talking to my mom about it and she ended up also ordering one for me.)  I love it so much!  I know she won't want to match me for long so it's fun while it lasts.

My sister and I both had our picture made in this little dress when we were around 3 years old.  I'd been talking about having AveryAnn's picture made in it for a while but I made my mom get it out for me so I wouldn't forget about it and her out grow it.  It fits her perfect right now so I need to hurry up and get her picture made in it.

We got to see Madelyn and Brooks (John and Hope too).  We were obsessed with Spot books as kids and of course my mom still has all of ours.  (For Barrett's first birthday John got him a Spot book and I ugly cried.  It was so sweet)  Now my kids are kind of obsessed with them too.  My mom got them all out for them when they were staying with them.  So AveryAnn was telling Madelyn all about Spot.  The girls are starting to play together more and more.  Madelyn goes to daycare and you can tell she's a lot more comfortable around other kids.  AveryAnn is getting there.
We left my parents and went to Patrick's parents.  We're so thankful for his Mama every year but especially this year.  It's been a difficult year for her but she is so strong and makes me want to be a better person!  We're so thankful for both of our mother's for everything they do for us.  They are so supportive and never hesitate to drop everything to help us in any way.  As I get older, I'm realizing not everyone is so lucky.  I try not to take either of them for granted.  

No comments: