Tuesday, April 24, 2018

April: That was quick...

Well, April was a bit of a blur.  It's been fun, I'm just not sure how it went by so quickly.  Last you heard from me was Easter and then a promise to keep up my Wednesday Weigh-In posts.  Well I had good intentions but I lost my phone and that pretty much consumed 2 weeks of my life.  Let's back up... The first full weekend of April was kicked off by witnessing two of our best friends get married!  Several months ago they'd asked my dad and I if we would be their "day of coordinators".  We were so excited to get to be a part of their big day!  We had the rehearsal dinner Thursday night.  Of course Barrett had a baseball game and Patrick was on call.  I was so afraid he was going to get called out during the game.  So, Jeremy, Jessica and Jackson came to watch the game and take care of our kids if Patrick got called in.
We were coordinating in black and white.
Sweet friends!

I love these three so much!
Since Patrick was on call he couldn't take the day off on Friday.  (The wedding was on Friday.)  I had to be at the venue all day with my dad.  So my mom had to take a day off work to watch my kids.  I'm forever grateful that she is always willing to help me, even when she has to burn a vacation day.  Dad and I had a few tasks we were in charge of but we were mostly there to make sure everyone else got there on time and did what they were supposed to do.  We'd been there about an hour when our first little crisis occurred.  The florist called in a panic because her flowers had started to wilt.  We told her to bring what she could and we'd figure it out.  It all worked out.  Then I broke a frame.  So I had to run to Hobby Lobby to get a replacement.  We got the halos hung from the ceiling.  The next thing we knew guests were arriving and it was time for the ceremony. 
The wedding was at The Barn at Shady Lane.  It is a beautiful venue and the owners are so easy to work with.  They are so sweet and you can tell they really enjoy what they do.
We had a blast at the reception.  I ended up losing my phone.  I'm not sure what happened but it's gone.  I just knew it would turn up in something but it never did.  I'm afraid it got thrown away.   Other than that it was a beautiful night!

The next week I had to register Barrett for KINDERGARTEN!!!  How in the world is my baby going to kindergarten next year?  It's just not even fair.  We met the Moore's at the school and I'm pretty sure someone was taking notes and there's no chance they will let Barrett and Jackson end up in the same class.  



AveryAnn and Millie are still best friends.  Much to Millie's dismay.

Patrick got a new grill.  He is so proud and we've already gotten a lot of use out of it.  One afternoon the weather was just perfect and we were grilling and the kids were playing in the yard. When I was younger and dreamed of having a family, that moment was exactly what I imagined.  It almost took my breath away because it was perfect.  

He is so proud!

Late on April the 12th my new nephew Brooks was born.  We were so excited to meet him!  We tried to beat the rush and went to the hospital Friday morning around 10:30.  Barrett was so excited, AveryAnn didn't care much until I held him and then she wanted to hold him.



Then we went to Aldi and they were so excited because they can sit side by side in the buggy.

Barrett has been whining saying he didn't want to sleep by himself at night.  So one night out of desperation I told him he could sleep in AveryAnn's room the next night.  I'd hoped he'd forget, I don't know why I thought this would work.  He did not forget.  SO the next night I found myself making him a pallet in the floor.  And he slept in there all night.  And he's slept in there every night since.  I don't know what to do.  She's still in the crib and I'm not ready to give that up.  Two beds won't fit in either room but I feel so bad with him sleeping on the floor.
I got to drive the Red Ranger to school one day.

Our ballpark is completely volunteer.  So each week a team has the responsibility of cleaning the restrooms.  So our moms tackled those while the boys practiced.  
It wasn't nearly as bad as we were anticipating.  I can't tell you how thankful we've been for the team we're on this year at the park.  We've had nothing but good experiences and its been so much fun!

AveryAnn pulled this chair right up beside her and put Millie in it so they could watch Mickey Mouse together.  

We've also been playing a lot of baseball!  Barrett mostly plays in the outfield but he get's to play catcher some too.  The other night he squatted down just like a catcher and it was so cute!  
He also finally got his first hit last week!  We were so excited!  All of us!  It was so sweet to see everyone cheering for him!
Last weekend was the Magnolia Festival in Gardendale.  We had the best time.  Barrett was so excited to ride everything.  He ended up going back on Saturday with my mom and rode even more!




We also got to love on Baby Brooks Saturday morning!  



Barrett and Jackson had the best time Saturday!  Jackson even told one of the workers he needed to move so he could sit by his brother.  
This girl has become quite the shoe thief lately.  But she's so dang cute!

So there's April in a nut shell.  We're looking forward to these last few days and gearing up for May!

No comments: