Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Barrett's 4K Graduation

Alternate title:  Please someone hold me.
I've been fine with Barrett going to Kindergarten.  I've gushed about how excited we are to go to our local elementary school.  I've bragged about the fact that we bought this house 10 years ago with this day in mind.  It was one of the reasons we loved this house.  We've heard nothing but great things about our schools.  Barrett has matured and learned so much during his time at preschool.  We've loved his teachers there too.  But actually sending him to public school seemed like a far off dream.  That day would never come.  He'd have to walk and talk first.  Learn to use the potty.  All those big kids things.  Somehow I blinked and it's time.  I'm fine, totally fine, we're all fine.  
Barrett talked about Graduation for months before the big night.  He didn't give away any details but he was very excited.  The theme was Down on the Farm and his class were baby chicks.  He told everyone he had to dress like a chick for graduation.  I made his shirt and we counted the days.  He had his cap and gown pictures made.  Finally, it was graduation night.
He was so ready to perform all the songs he'd been working on.  When we looked at the program we realized he was going to get to count to 100 by 10's on the microphone.  We had no idea he was going to get to do this.  They did some of the sweetest little farm songs.



Cutest little chicks.
 They sang "Thrive" by Casting Crowns and "Good, Good Father" by Chris Tomlin, and that was when I could no longer hold back the ugly cry.  There is nothing like hearing these sweet babies sing about Jesus.  Barrett now requests these two songs every time we get in the car and I can finally listen to them without crying.  After they finished singing it was time to put on their caps and gowns.

I can't handle the cuteness!  He was so proud!
After they all got their diplomas we met them in the gym for a little reception.
Barrett was excited my parents got to come.

Not looking at the camera but oh well.

Sweet buddies.  I hope we have the same picture of them in 13 years.

Also, this picture, can you even handle the cuteness.  They will go to different schools next year.  I'm a little sad but I know we'll still get together and they'll get to play together.

We have loved Ms. Lori and Ms. Jana so much.  We're sad to leave them.  They have been so sweet to my boy and I'm forever grateful.
I love this picture of us moms with our boys.  It feels like a rite of passage that we've survived this far together.   I'm thankful for their support and encouragement. 
After graduation we left to pick up AveryAnn from Patrick's parents house.  They were so upset they couldn't come but thankful they got to watch AveryAnn for us and see Barrett is his cap and gown.

All four of us!  These are such sweet, sweet memories.  
I'm definitely not ready for Kindergarten.  Every time I talk about it I get a huge lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.  A month ago I was totally fine, I guess reality is setting in and it is definitely happening.  We had Kindergarten Camp last week and it made me love our school even more.  The first teacher got up and talked about the first day.  She said "make sure you get here early and have a full charge on your camera and phone.  You're going to want to take pictures.  This is a big day for you and your student."  I loved that.  It is a big day.  But we're not ready for it just yet.
We're going to soak up as much of summer as we can before August 9th.  We've made another Summer Bucket list and we're ready to tackle it! 

No comments: