Friday, October 5, 2018

24 Hour Nashville Girls Trip

When I saw that Cat & Nat from the famous "Momtruth Friday" videos was having a live show in Nashville, I had to see if we could make a trip happen!  I sent out a text to the group and had a few takers.  So plans started rolling.  Amy, quickly found us a hotel and her husband let us use some of his points so we got a really great deal.  Crystal, secured our tickets.  Brittany and I immediately started researching places to eat and things to do.  There is so much to do and see in Nashville, we knew we needed a plan or we would be so overwhelmed we would spend the whole time walking around wondering what we should do and where we should eat.  Confession...Sometimes the planning is more fun to me than actually going on the trip. That wasn't the case with this trip!

We left town around 1:30 on Friday afternoon.  Amy volunteered to drive us in the minivan.  (Nothing says "we're a bunch of middle aged women on a girls night quite like arriving in a minivan" but hers is so nice and her husband was even sweet enough to set us up with several movies to watch during the drive.)  I, on the other hand, prepared the best way I know how, MARGARITAS!!!  I made a gallon to take with us.  (A gallon might have been a bit ambitions, we're not as young as we used to be.)  We stayed at the Westin downtown.  We really liked the location.  We got to our hotel around 4:00 got settled in our rooms and then I sent Brittany and Cassie to the roof top bar for a drink so I could...

Set up a little party area since Brittany's birthday was the next weekend, we decided to do a little celebrating while we were there.  My sister made the cute tassel garland, I made the cute disposable cups and the little bags had a cute pj tank (that we got on clearance at Walmart) and a miniature bottle of liquor.  (I've learned my gift to the group is little details.  I love doing these sweet little "happies" whenever we get to do little trips like this) 
Sean (Amy's husband) had champagne sent to the room so we got the celebrating started off properly. After the champs, it was time to get ready for dinner. 

This is not a great picture but I loved my outfit.  I borrowed the cute jumper from Brittany and I love the olive color paired with the black shoes and the leopard clutch.  The clutch also has a chain crossbody strap which came in handy while we were in the bars.

A close up of the cups.  I wanted a disposable cup to take a drink in and these turned out so cute.

I was really excited about my hair.

My head looks giant.  We were waiting for our UBER.  I'd never ridden in an UBER before but it was so easy, I'd definitely do it again.

That night we had dinner at The Mockingbird.  They have these fun drinks called "Punchin' Bags" you can order them with any liquor.  I ordered mine with bourbon but I probably should have gotten tequila since that's what I'd already been drinking.  It was so yummy!  Amy got the brussel sprouts appetizer and they were amazing.  For dinner Brittany and I split the cheeseburger and it was delicious too.  I would definitely recommend this place if you're planning to visit.

Amy, Crystal and Me. (side note, aren't my friends really pretty?)(side note, they're as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside.)


Brittany's friend Breanna lives in Nashville and met us for dinner.  She is a hoot.  Listening to stories about she and Brittany from when they were in middle and high school would never get old.  

Crystal, Amy and I jumped in one UBER and headed to The Fun Show!  

I don't know why I look so weird in this picture.

I seriously love Cat & Nat.  They are so real about motherhood.  The show was great and we laughed a lot. They also talk about friendship and it broke my heart that there were women there that came alone.  I realize how special it is to have the group of friends that I have.  I've been so fortunate in my life to always have a good group of friends.  The faces have changed over the years but they are all so special to me.

After the show we met Brittany and Cassie at Whiskey Row on Broadway.  Just like in college we made our way to the front of the stage to listen to the band.  We sang and danced just like we were 18 again.  It was a lot of fun, but looking around, we realized we are in fact not 18.


We left there in search of a late night meal.  We'd read a lot about the "late night" meal on several restaurants websites so we knew we had to try one just so we could eat at more restaurants while we were there.  Our late night meal was at Merchants.  We ordered appetizers and desserts and they were all amazing. I had the Rum Blondie and Fried Green Tomatoes.

I woke up like this.  I thought I looked too pretty so not snap this picture and share with yall.  Ha!  We got up Saturday morning, and slowly got ready for our 11:30 brunch reservation.  I got to watch College Gameday on ESPN without my kids crying and begging to watch something else.  It was amazing!

Our brunch reservation was at Pinewood Social.  It was the neatest place.  It was either in an old bowling alley or made to look like an old bowling alley.  Outside they had two dipping pools and lawn games.  It was just a cool place to visit.  The food was really good too.


We left there and noticed they had the bikes you can rent and ride around the city. Our next stop was about a mile away in the Gulch so Brittany, Cassie and I decided to rent the bikes and ride.  Amy and Crystal took the car and met us there.
It's been a hot minute since I've ridden a bicycle. But it didn't take long for it to come right back.


The weather was beautiful and we had so much fun riding through the city.



We stopped at Uncommon James in the Gulch. Just being all touristy.

We returned the bikes and then headed to where Draper James is located.

We walked around, got ice cream and donuts.

Stopped by a pumpkin patch.  Then loaded up and headed back to Birmingham.  It was a really fun, short trip. Can't wait to do it again!


No comments: