Friday, January 12, 2018

New Year's Eve

We haven't done anything for New Year's Eve in years and we were so excited to actually have plans this year.  We went back and forth about what we wanted to do.  I wanted to go bowling, no one else seemed excited about that.  Patrick called one day and said Sister Hazel was playing at the Alabama Theatre for their 90th birthday celebration.  I love any excuse to go to the Alabama Theatre and I was excited to get to dress up.  We made plans to go with Jeremy, Jessica, Brittany and Seth. 
We were all really excited until we realized how late midnight is, and how old we were.  So I made a giant iced coffee while I was getting ready.  You know you're old when your pregame for the pregame is coffee.


Funny story, Brittany and I both kind of stalked this sequin dress at Target all December long.  We wanted it but had no where to wear it and knew it would be silly to buy.  Well when we decided we'd be spending NYE at the beautiful Alabama Theatre I knew sequins would be perfect so I went back and grabbed up the last one.

We met at Jeremy and Jessica's house for pizza and drinks before the show.  We decided to all ride together and Jessica offered to be the DD

Meanwhile, back at my parents house the kids were partying hard.




Every year.  Oh that little NYE newborn.  I can't believe how quickly the time has passed.

We walked in just as Taylor Hicks was starting his set.  I loved him on American Idol.  I love that he loves Birmingham and he's a really good performer.


After his set he had a little meet and greet in the lobby, I didn't go get in line but I did see him taking pictures with fans. Just a super nice guy.
We're so excited to be out with grownups!  Also we're tired.

Sister Hazel was great.  Took me right back to middle school.  It was a fun little time warp.  The quit playing around 11:30 to give everyone enough time to go outside and countdown to the lighting of the new "Alabama" sign on 18th street.  It was freezing so we killed time taking pictures in the lobby.

Jeremy and Jessica



Brittany and Seth

Patrick and me.

Then we made the guys take our picture.

Then we made them let us take their picture.

With the Alabama sign that's always been there.

And the new one!

Group shot!

Both signs all lit up!
We quickly got to the car because it was so cold.  We headed back to Jeremy and Jessica's house, ate more pizza and then headed home.  It was such a fun night and the perfect way to close out a banner year welcome in a new one.  2017 was good to me.  I learned a lot about myself.  I'm so proud of all the progress I made.  I'm so excited looking forward to all 2018 has in store.  It's going to be a great one!

No comments: