Monday, March 26, 2018

Bunko and Baseball

March is my month to host bunko, when I chose March I had no idea how busy we'd end up being but I managed to get it on the schedule.  Well it seems everyone was super busy in March because I ended up having to find 5 subs.  I was a little nervous because our house isn't huge but it ended up being a really nice night so the table on the deck was perfect.  
My friend Kellie and my sister were both subs and our moms have played together in a group for years and they happened to be playing the same night so we had to send them this picture.  
I'd ordered this sweater and kind of forgotten about it.  Someone brought my mail in on Sunday and this was in it so I immediately put it on.  I loved it so much and a couple of the girls were trying to order it while we were playing. Ha!  It's lightweight and perfect for spring.

Baseball is going great!  We've had several practices and a couple games.  We love our coach and Barrett improves every week.

This girl thinks she's too big for naps and I let Barrett win that battle when he was her age and I refuse to let that happen with her.  The only good thing is she is ready to crash before it even gets dark most days, the bad thing is not every day are we at home so she can just crash.

She cries to take this bear from Barrett's classroom everyday and one day his teacher told her to take it.  So she did and she pushed it around the office all day in this stroller.

Last Thursday Barrett had his Easter party at school.  He was so excited to hunt eggs.  It was cold but beautiful day.

Love this big boy!

That night he had his first real baseball game ever.  With real umpires and everything.  He didn't get any hits but he did so good playing right field.  He's one of the youngest and smallest on the team but he's learning so much from the older kids and improves every day.  We are loving ball park life.


They had another game Saturday, I had a brain fart and we barely made it before the game started.  He played right field for a couple of innings and the team we played could hit so he got several balls.  He really did great assisting the other fielders and stopping the ball.  So coach decided to give him ago at playing catcher.  (we were missing a few players since it was spring break)  He was so dang cute in the catchers gear.  He could barely move but he did a pretty good job.  John, Hope, Madelyn and my dad all came to see him play, so he was excited that he got to show off.  

He was so dang cute!

And this girl is living her best ball park life.  Last year she couldn't walk so she sat happily in the stroller.  This year she is all over the place.  I'm pretty sure I've gotten a few extra grey hairs from my short time at the ballpark with her.  
We're gearing up for Easter around here and all the fun April will bring!

No comments: