I know I still have Christmas and birthday posts to catch up on I wanted to go ahead and recap our 2019.
Instead of month by month I'm going to list the Top Ten memories from this year.
In no particular order...
1. We paid off all our debt! (Okay maybe that one is the top memory from this year!) We paid off over $90K in 38 months. We've still got some work to do in making sure we're putting money where it needs to go but we're so proud of this huge accomplishment.
2. Barrett ran the Mercedes Kids Marathon with his school. It was the sweetest memory. He was so proud and I was so proud of him for stepping out of his comfort zone and completing it.
3. AveryAnn is potty trained!!! She got to go to her first movie in the theater to celebrate!
4. Barrett learned how to read! I have loved watching him learn to read and developing a love for it!
5. Barrett hit is first homerun in baseball. I may or may not have cried. He worked so hard and was so proud of himself.
7. First trip to the Emergency Room for AveryAnn, fractured tibia. So we had our first cast in the Horton family.
8. Second trip to the Emergency Room for Barrett and he got 5 staples in his head. Also a first for the Horton Family.
9. Barrett hitting a walk-off Grand Slam in his first AllStars tournament. It had been a tough week baseball and parenting. Barrett was frustrated and didn't really know how to express it other than crying and shutting down. He'd started that week being carried off the field crying because he was the last out in the practice game. He said he never wanted to play baseball again. After a week of practice skill wise on the field and emotionally off the field. He had a much better tournament. He cried the first night when he struck out but he worked through and ended the week being carried off the field in triumph. I was the one crying then.
10. AveryAnn started her first ballet class. She is loving it so much. That was on of her rewards for being potty trained.
-Chinese lantern festival, even though that was the trip AveryAnn broke her leg.
-Our weekend beach trip to Tony & Carla's, it was just a really fun, sweet trip.
-Barrett learning to ride a bike.
-Barrett losing his first tooth, and then two others this year.
-AveryAnn finished her first year of preschool.
-AveryAnn getting her big girl bed.
-Horton Electric, LLC having it's best year ever. We're so thankful for this business and I'm so proud of Patrick and how hard he's worked.
-Our overnight "road trip" to Tuscaloosa for Brittany's graduation was pretty special!
-We soaked up all of the perks of my job this summer!
-My birthday dinner on the London bus was a lot of fun too!
2019 was a great year. It didn't always go exactly as planned but we have so many sweet memories to carry with us! We're looking forward to 2020 and all it has in store for our little family!