Monday, August 3, 2009

Wow! What a weekend!

This was one of those weekends... you know the kind where you wonder how you got everything done in just two days. One of Patrick's best friends from childhood got married and we were honored to be a part of it. Kevin and Cassie are such sweet people and we were so excited for their wedding. The festivities started Thursday night for me. All the girls went to get for mani/pedi's and to dinner at Stix. It a nice relaxing night, a calm before the storm of sorts! Friday was the rehearsal, Patrick couldn't make it because he had to work. We had a wonderful dinner prepared by the bride herself. This is where the friend/photographer realized she was in Alabama and her camera was 3 hours away in Mississippi. Imagine the terror she felt as she entered the church to shoot some pictures of the rehearsal and opened her camera bag to find NO camera! Luckily, I had brought along my new camera and she was able to shoot everything with it.
The bride getting her pre-wedding pedi!

Lindsey, Cassie and Tracy at Stix!
Saturday was the big day. I got up early to go get us a new hair dryer because ours died. We got dressed and dropped Ally off at my parents for the night. We met everyone and started pictures. In what seemed like minutes it was time for the wedding. While the guests were being seated one of the candles fell into the fern and started a small fire but then extinguished itself. Crisis averted! Whew. Next thing I know we were walking down the aisle and Kevin kissed his bride! It was a beautiful ceremony! On to the reception which was themed like a backyard picnic (indoors thankfully because there was a monsoon complete with rumbling thunder and bright lightning). There was fried chicken, potato salad, mac and cheese, green beans, and coleslaw. It was all so good. Then, before we knew it, the garter was off and the bouquet had been tossed and they were off! We got to stop by and see them before they actually left for the honeymoon. They were both so happy. It made me remember exactly how I felt right after my wedding and reception had ended and it was just Patrick and I, husband and wife! What a feeling :)! We went home and changed clothes and went to the after party! It was so much fun to just get to hang out with all our friends. Patrick doesn't get to see his friends often enough so he really enjoyed getting to hang out!

Sunday was the same as most...church, lunch at mom & dads, then we went to Patrick's mom and dad's for my birthday dinner! I was wonderful! I love his family so much as always enjoy getting to spend time with them!

All in all it was a wonderfully busy weekend. I did realize something...I love weddings! I love being a part of them. I love helping the bride on her big day! I always said I didn't want to do weddings. Even though this is my major. But after the weekend I might have had a change of heart!

No comments: