Saturday, October 29, 2011

Authenticity

I miss blogging.  I'm trying to get caught up.  I've been keeping up with my 365 photos and I plan to start posting them tonight.  Until then, here are my thoughts on life right now when it comes to blogging. 

Hopefully, I'll be back in full force soon.  It's kind of a big week this week.  Did you hear Bama and LSU will be facing off in a #2 vs #1 matchup of the ages a week from today in Tuscaloosa?  I can't wait


Authenticity: the quality of being authentic; genuineness.
This is something I strive for in my writing.

Lately I've been challenged to balance being true to myself and my feelings without being offensive. 

Let me start by saying that I love blogging.  I really do.  I love having my scrapbook and journal in one place.  I love the support that I've recieved from people.  With that being said, I want people to get a true glimpse of who I am.  I like to think that if you met me in real life you would not be surprised at all.  (People that know me in real life can vouch for me, hopefully) I do understand people that don't want to blog about negative things because they want to keep their blog positive.  But I want to show my life the good, bad and ugly.  I don't like to dwell on things but I want to blog about my life and my feelings about life.  Sometimes things happen in life that we don't necessarily like.  But just because we don't like them doesn't mean they didn't happen. 

My family is a very important part of my life.  We used to say when you hit one of us we all hurt.  I still feel that way to an extent.  I blog a lot about the goings on in my family because they are important to me.  I don't plan on stopping. I've never written anything on this blog that I wouldn't say to someone's face. 

All that to say...If you don't like something you read on MY blog you can A) Contact me at MaggieMHorton@gmail.com and discuss it with ME.  Cause no one else is going to understand what I wrote better than myself; and they shouldn't have to defend what I wrote! or B) Don't read it simple as that.

If you're offended by something I wrote, your best bet would be option "A".   

1 comment:

Rachel said...

While I don't know what was going said, I think it's great that you try to keep it real. :)