Wednesday, June 6, 2012

1509 13th Street

Friday my mom, dad and I loaded up and headed to Tuscaloosa.  It was a bittersweet trip.  We were going to pack up our house.  The time had come that it just made since for my parents to sell the house.  It had actually been on the market for a while so they were excited to finally make a deal but it was so much more sad than I thought it would be.  My sister had already cleaned out her room and bathroom.  It all seemed so final.  I immediately started thinking about the night we moved into the house.  It was one also filled with laughter and tears.  My sister and I shared her room the last semester I was there.  It was probably one of the best semesters, probably because I thought it was going to be the worst.  We've made a lot of memories in that house since July of 2007.  It was time for us to let go and let another group enjoy it.

So, here's a walk down memory lane, in no particular order...
Freshmen cousins at a tailgate.
My first tailgating season as an alumni.  
Two of the "movers".
The bathroom I got ready for my college graduation and my sister's wedding day.  It was fun on gamedays there'd be a herd of us in here right before we headed to the stadium. 


I also fixed some hair here.
 

My sister's room.  My little twin bed was in this corner when we shared, we called it the slave bed.

Liz and Amy before a ball game.
Love these kids.
In the process of packing it all up.
This was my desk that I bought for $10 at the thrift store when we moved into my first house.  Kristen and I painted it white and apparently tagged the back but I didn't remember until I saw it. 
This article was in the CW my junior year.  My roommate called me to tell me I was in the CW, I was so excited then I saw the picture.  I'm the one in the back in the pink.  I look way less than thrilled to be helping the kids.  We've gotten a good laugh out of that for years.

Taking a break for a game of darts.

All through school my roommates and I had dinner together once a week and watched tv, we called it "Family Night'. When I moved in with my sister and cousin we continued to have "Family Night".  This was the last one before Clay and I graduated.  We all look so young!

My graduation day.  One of the proudest days of my life to date. 

I have a million other pictures I could share but I think you get the idea.  We've had a blast these last few years.  I wish we'd kept a sign in of how many folks we've had tailgate with us.  I know it's been a few.  We celebrated a lot of wins in this house including two National Championship seasons and mourned a couple of losses too. 
We were sitting around late Friday night, I was looking around and thinking that this was the point in our reality show they'd be showing clips of all the memories we've made in that house.
I've had that video playing in my head ever since.

No comments: