Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The One Who Made Me a Mother

{This was supposed to post Sunday, so lets pretend}
So this time last year I knew I was going to be a mother, I'd known for all of 5 days.  Mother's day took on a new meaning for me.  It was also fun to celebrate all the mothers, knowing I too was going to join their club but they had no idea.  

Then Barrett was born.  I knew my life would change, but I couldn't have ever imagined what it would be like.  I know I've said it a million times but I never imagined how much I would love this little guy.  I also never realized how much my own mom loved me until I became a mother myself.  Right now I can't imagine sending him to the grandparents for the night, much less sending him away to college.  I wonder if it will really be as terrifying as I'm imagining it.


One of my favorite quotes is, "The two best days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why."  Not to sound corny but I finally feel like I know why.  I can't imagine any "job" in life that would be more important for me.  




Happy Mother's Day to our moms!  They taught us how to love unconditionally.  We wouldn't be the parents we are today without them.  I love seeing how much they love our son.  It is such a special thing seeing your mom love your child.  


Also this mother's day I'm thinking about women that desperately want to be mothers.  Now I know what they are missing and my heart breaks for them.  I also hurt for those who have lost their own mothers.  I try not to take the time we have with our parents for granted but I know I do.   

I promise some light posts next week.


No comments: