Monday, June 9, 2014

Weekend Review



We had a fun weekend.  We tried to soak up as much time with Patrick before he goes to second shift for a month.  Friday night I went to the gym and grabbed some dinner and we just hung out at home.  It was raining and yucky so we didn't want to get out.
Saturday we got up and I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Barrett was a fan!  He licked his plate clean.




After breakfast we went to our sweet friend, Drake's first birthday party.  His mommy did such a great job.  It was nautical themed and so cute!  Barrett had a blast playing with everyone.  After the birthday party we went to the store to get some groceries. Then headed home for a long nap.



After nap time we went to dinner.  We were going to try a new place but we're such creatures of habit we headed to Mugshots in the new Uptown area.  It was good.  We had to wait a few minutes so we walked over to the fountain and Barrett was very curious.



Family selfie!



Checking out the fountain.
After dinner we went sunset chasing but never found the perfect spot.  We'll have to do more research next time.  When we got home Barrett went to sleep and we watched a movie.  It was sad and I didn't really care for it.  I can't remember the name, it had Mark Wahlberg in it and it was about war and there was a lot of blood and shooting and it just wasn't my cup of tea.  But I tried to be a good sport about it.
Sunday we got up and went to Mass then came home a hung out as a family.  It was a relaxing day.  We watched Miss USA.  I wasn't impressed with the pageant.  I mean it took an hour for them to announce the top 20.  I thought that was a bit much.
All in all it was good weekend.  I just love summer! 


No comments: