Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pumpkin Party & The Pumpkin Patch

We've been busy this week.
Wednesday, Barrett had a "Pumpkin Party" at school.  I was so excited to get to go and see him with all his friends.  I barely got his costume finished in time.  
My sweet Prince Charming.  I had the hardest time decided what he was going to be for Halloween this year.  One afternoon we were playing with the Keeley boys and Barrett wanted something Amy had.  He went up to her and gave her the most precious face trying to get her to give in and she was like, "he should be Prince Charming for Halloween, that is a very charming face he's giving me." Then I was telling Lorie and she told me that Elise was going to be Cinderella.  That sealed the deal.
I started looking for a costume and the only one I could find that I liked was around $100.  I wasn't about to pay that for a costume he was going to wear twice.  So I headed to pinterest and found a picture of one I liked. They had sewn the entire thing.  I started with a white sweatshirt and hot glued all the stuff on it.  I spent about $35 and 2 afternoons.  I love how it turned out.  I've had to re-glue a few things but overall it's held up better than I thought it would.
The minute I walked into his classroom he started crying.  His teachers looked shocked.  The said he never, ever cries.  I just laughed.  He whines all the time for me.  Turns out he was hungry.  Once we got him some food he was fine.  
I loved watching him play. 
My sweet boy and me.  This was my first party as a mom.  It was kind of surreal to be there, with my son. I can remember my mom always coming to our school parties.  I'm so thankful I get to do all these things.  It is such a blessing to me that I get to work and enjoy all these fun things with my boy! 
With our sweet friends Anna & Drake.  Barrett and Drake play so well together and Anna is that mom I can talk to when I'm afraid other moms will think I'm crazy.  Our brains just work the same way, I think.  She's the person that I know won't judge me when I have a weird question or comment about something.  She loves pop culture/ celebrity gossip as much as I do (maybe even more).  I feel like she just gets me as a mom and even just as a person.  It's funny how there are people that have been in your life all along but then all of a sudden you get why.  I feel like 15+ years ago when Anna and my sister became friends God knew that our babies would be close in age and that we'd be friends.  {Woah, didn't mean for that to get all sentimental.  It just happens sometimes.  I think I always get this way around the holidays.}
Steven was so afraid Barrett wasn't going to have a pumpkin for Halloween he went a got a few.  Barrett chose this one.  He was pretty excited!
Thursday afternoon we finally made it to the Pumpkin Patch.
We were going to go to the same one we went to last year but I was checking the website before we left and it said they closed at 4:00 it was already 4:00 so we decided to go to one a little further in Cullman.  Well everyone said it was "a little further", I didn't think we were ever going to get there.  but we did.  We only had an hour and I was sad we didn't get to do a lot of the stuff.  We will definitely go back.
Riding out to pick a pumpkin.
I love this picture even though Barrett refused to look at the camera.
Sweet boy.  He's grown so much since last year.


Daddy helping him find a pumpkin.

 
Love him.



Our little family.

He loved looking at the animals.

Love this one of my boys and the barn.  We really liked 4d Farms.  We wished we'd had more time.  

2013                  2014

No comments: