Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Review

Our weekend was a little different than we originally planned.  Barrett has had a terrible cough for a couple weeks and I didn't think anything of it.  He had no other symptoms so I was just keeping an hear on it.  Well he woke up Friday morning with a fever of 102.9 and a very snotty face.
So we headed to the doctors office.  Barrett was so pitiful.  His flu test and RSV test both came back negative so we were told just to treat the fever.  That's what we've done...all weekend long.  He was supposed to spend the night with my parents Friday night so Patrick and I could go to my friend Jessica's Surprise 30th birthday dinner.  But that didn't happen.
Patrick ended up staying home with Barrett and I went with some girlfriends.  I was so sad that he didn't get to go but I guess that's just part of being a parent.  We had a fun night celebrating Jessica.

I was really looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday but that didn't happen.  My sick boy was up early.  He was super sweet all day though.  I felt so bad for him.  We watched a lot of Mickey Mouse and movies.
He drug this doggy around every where Saturday.  It was pretty cute.  I went ahead and went to Mass Saturday night because Patrick had to work Sunday and I knew I didn't want to take Barrett with me.  After Mass Patrick wanted me to pick up Cracker Barrel for dinner.  I love Cracker Barrel but Patrick says he doesn't like it so we never get to eat there.  Well thankfully some guys at work told him that the chicken and dumplins were delicious (even though I'd been telling him this for years, I guess it isn't true unless the guys from work agree).  I got there and it took 10 minutes for someone to take my order and then I had to wait another 20 minutes for my food.  There was a 45 minute wait for a table...at Cracker Barrel.  I thought that was so crazy.  I had no idea they were that busy.  the good news is Patrick is a fan and when he saw how cheap it was he was sold.  I think we'll be eating there more and I'm really excited about it.
He apparently wasn't interested in what we were watching on tv.  He got his iPad and watched Mickey.
This was what our Sunday looked like.  Lots of cuddling and and tv.  My parents came to see him Sunday afternoon and I know he was excited to see them.  Patrick went to his parents for a birthday dinner and we hated to miss but the sick boy needed to stay home.  
Barrett slept late this morning and he woke up without a fever.  So hopefully we're on the mend.  I've got to go into the office at some point today.  I'll probably wait until Patrick gets home so Barrett can have one more day to rest.  Hopefully he'll be 100% tomorrow.
There's our weekend.  I hope everyone is staying well.

No comments: