Friday, June 5, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

I can't believe I'm just now getting around to writing about Memorial Day Weekend.  (I haven't been very punctual with my blogging these days).   We were so excited because for the first time in 8 years Patrick was off all weekend and Monday.  Friday afternoon we loaded up the car and headed to the lake.  We spent most of Friday night sitting on the deck wrapped up in blankets because it was cool.  Barrett played with my brother's kids and we just had the best evening hanging out and relaxing.
I didn't get my big camera out not one time.
Saturday, Jeremy and Jessica came up and hung out before it was time to head over to a friends place for a birthday party.   Barrett pushed that little lawn mower all over the yard.  He and Emory had the best time playing.  We enjoyed hanging out with all our friends and watching the kids play together. 

Another view from the deck at the lake.  The water was too cold for me and the air and breeze were so nice we just sat on the deck all afternoon.
We took the pack and play for Barrett to sleep in but I'm afraid we've out grown it.  So he slept in the king size bed with us.  It wasn't too bad.  I just don't sleep as well with him in the bed with us.
Sweet Ally enjoyed the breeze so much.
It started raining Sunday afternoon and didn't stop, which was a huge bummer.  All in all it was a great weekend.  We stayed long enough Monday to sign Happy Birthday to my mom and eat cake and ice cream and then we headed back home.  I'm so happy that Patrick gets to do some fun things with us this summer instead of being stuck at work.  We're looking forward to many more lake weekends!

No comments: