Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Twelve Months

We're so excited to celebrate our girl today!  It's been 12 months, 52 weeks and 366 days since you joined our family.  To be honest, it feels like yesterday that I first laid eyes on you and heard your sweet cry.
You have brought us all so much joy!  You wake up smiling and are a joy until your head hits the pillow at the end of the day.  We're all just smitten with you.   
Your first year has been so exciting, fun and exhausting.
  • You weigh 20lbs 3oz.
  • You're 27.5" tall.
  • Size 4 diapers.  You're still going through 5-6 a day.
  • Mostly 12 month clothes.  You got some cute 18m things for your birthday that are a little big but you can still wear them.
  • You're still a fantastic sleeper!  You go down around 6:30 and sleep until 7:00 the next morning.  You put yourself to sleep so easily.  I don't take this for granted at all.  You really are a dream baby.
  • You still take 2 naps most days.  Usually around 10:00 in the morning for about and hour and then again around 2:00.  It's probably time to transition to one nap but I'm not good at it.
(I love this picture of Barrett trying to get you to smile.)
  • You're done nursing.  We lasted longer than I thought we would.  You take 4-5 bottles everyday.  We're trying to transition to whole milk and it's going pretty good as long as its in a bottle.
  • You eat whatever we're eating 3 meals a day.  You love to eat.
  • You started pulling up to stand this week.  You're so proud when you do it.  I think you'll walk earlier than your brother but probably not anytime soon.
  • You got 3 new teeth this month.
  • We got to go see Dr Farr again this month for another sick visit.  Your ears didn't clear up like they were supposed to.  We'll get them rechecked Friday and your checkup.
  • You love to laugh and laugh all the time.  Barrett gets you laughing the hardest. 
  • Your hair is still wild and lightening up.  You're getting better about keeping a bow in it. 
  • You love being outside!  You got a new swing for your birthday and you love it.
  • You also love Ally and try to grab her anytime she's within reach.  She puts up with it because you also share your snacks with her.
  • You love "Donut Friday" at work too! 
I know I've said it a dozen times but you really are such a joy.  I never thought I could love another kid as much as I love your brother but somehow I do.  I love that I get to have a daughter, a friend for life.  I know the day will come when you think I'm not very smart or just trying to ruin your life but I also look forward to the day that you'll call me and say "I really want these pretty cupcakes but I don't want to pay for them" and I'll be able to say "I think I can make them".  I'll probably have to go buy them because chances are I won't be able to actually make them but I know you won't care. 

No comments: