Friday, December 8, 2017

It's the Holiday Season

We made our annual pilgrimage to the Bass Pro Shops Wednesday night to get a visit with Jolly old St. Nick.  Barrett was 100% convinced we were at the North Pole and it was perfect.
In the past there have been horror stories of lines hours long but we didn't wait long at all.  Barrett was so excited.  He has cried every year but this year he kept telling us he was going to be a big boy and he definitely delivered.  AveryAnn cried last year so I felt like she'd do the same this year.  Boy was I right.  She put on a show.  I'm probably not a very good mom because these pictures are some of my favorites.


These with her hands up by her face are my favorites.







She was all smiles while we waited in line.  I want Barrett to stay this age forever.  It is so sweet.  We walked out of the store and he asked where the reindeer were.  He totally believes all the magic this year and it is so special.  Mr. Elf came back and he's all into that this year too.   It was a really fun family night.  We're really trying to enjoy the holiday season this year.  I want to make it special without overwhelming myself and also still focusing on the real reason for the season. 


No comments: