Sunday, February 24, 2019

Valentines Week (Plus a few more days)

I feel like we are constantly on the go.  I don't know why or how it got this way.  I don't feel like we're overly involved in things but apparently this is our life now.
Barrett loves a sunset.  This day I was told him to go look and he insisted he take a picture.  I love how he loves the little things.
Barrett had to make a Valentine box for school.  I bought this box and thought we'd decorate it together.  Nope, he wanted to do it all himself.  So I let him.  He was so proud.

This picture came up on my timehop.  I remember this moment like it was yesterday.  I supposed I always will.  We went to lunch after we'd gone to the doctor to find out we'd had a miscarriage.  I remember being so thankful I had this sweet boy to love on.  He was brought us so much joy during that time of sadness.

Cards for my loves on Valentines Day.

Our school also celebrates Teacher Appreciation week the week of Valentines Day.  This was Mrs. Ross' box and I asked all the parents to write her notes of gratitude and appreciation.  It turned out so cute. 
Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay for the party because when I walked into the school Barrett was standing in the office running a 102.9 temperature.  So we quickly ran back and dropped off our gift and grabbed his bags and headed home.  I was so afraid he had the flu.  He looked pitiful.

We went to see Dr. Farr Friday and he tested positive for strep throat.  The lesser of the two evils.  He was feeling better in no time.  He was so upset that he had to miss the assembly Friday recognizing the marathon team.  So I let him wear his shirt and medal to the doctors office.  He was so proud.  I just love him so much.

Sunday, we celebrated AveryAnn's birthday with my family. We just had cake after Sunday lunch.  She was so excited about her Minnie Mouse cake.

We had Barrett's ArtWalk one night.  He was so proud.

That same night was sellers night to shop at the consignment sale.  I love how excited my kids get to see what I got.  They act like it's Christmas morning.  AveryAnn wanted to try everything on right then.


Barrett got a new pair of sneakers and he was just beside himself.

Also finished my second book for the year.  This one was really good.  I kind of figured it out but I still enjoyed it.
We had a fun, busy weekend, that I hope to recap sooner rather than later.

No comments: