Friday, May 17, 2019

Tooth Fairy's First Visit

The Tooth Fairy made her first visit to the Horton House this month!  May 1st Barrett lost his first tooth!  When he went to his last dental cleaning the dentist told him he had a loose tooth.  He had not noticed that it was loose yet, and even after she told me I wasn't convinced it was really loose yet.  So I knew it would be a while before it came out.  We kind of forgot about it.  It got looser and  looser and it was time, it needed to come out.  We tried tying a string to a nerf dart and shooting it out.  That was a big fail and ended with 3 of the 4 of us in tears.  We were at Play Day for Barrett's school and he was eating sour straws.  He made a weird face and I was afraid it came out.  He said it didn't, but it was barely hanging in there.  It was so loose he wouldn't open his mouth, talk or eat anything.  I was already planning to check him out after the fun so we left and went to my parents house to get AveryAnn.  When we got there he was all upset and still wouldn't talk to anyone.  My parents basically held him down and forced him to open his mouth so they could see and when my dad stuck his finger in Barrett's mouth the tooth was already out and laying in his mouth.  So that's how Barrett lost his first tooth.  Once it was out he was so excited!  He couldn't wait to put it under his pillow for the tooth fairy.  I was really mad at myself that I hadn't made him a tooth fairy bag or pillow or something to put the tooth in but the tooth fairy found it and all was good.  He woke up to $5 and you would have thought it was a bar or gold.  He was so excited.  Patrick is usually gone before they wake up and he was so bummed he wasn't going to get to see how excited Barrett was.  About that time Barrett came running down the hall so excited about his $5 from the Tooth Fairy!  It was so sweet and I was so glad that Patrick got to see him.
This sweet boy is growing up right before my very eyes.  I'm not sure I'm ready but I know he is.  

No comments: