Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who am I to Judge?

I have a few opinions and thoughts surrounding the Casey Anthony trial and verdict and I want to put the thoughts on paper.
  • If i'd been on the jury I would not have been able to convict Casey on the evidence presented. 
  • That's not to say that I believe Caylee drown in the family pool.  I just wasn't completely convinced based on the evidence presented that Casey Anthony murdered her child. 
  • I do believe the child was murdered but I can not say that it was Casey beyond reasonable doubt.
  • All the evidence presented pointed to someone at the home.  Not one thing did Casey alone have access too.  It could have been any of them. 
  • I think the whole family is nuts.
  • I've had flashbacks to 5th grade where we were given permission to watch the OJ Simpson verdict being read live.  I had not watched much of that trial (I was in the fifth grade, I had better things to worry about.)  I do remember how everyone was very divided.  People thought strongly that he was guilty or he was innocent.  There was no real in between. In my opinion, this case was pretty much made of grey area.  All the evidence led to the Anthony home but not one piece could pin Casey. 
  • I pray that justice will be served to all involved.  I have faith that if Casey is guilty she will pay the price.  After watching this family I can honestly say that I feel sweet Caylee is in a much better place where no one will hurt her. 
  • It breaks my heart that there are women in this world that would give everything they own to have just one child and here this child was taken for granted.  Death is not the answer.  Ever.
I know this is one of those where were you moments.  So I was at work watching on the TV.  Patrick texted me two words, "not guilty".  I sent him one back that said, "I've seen people get off on more evidence.  OJ Simpson for example" I immediately went to Twitter and Facebook to see what everyone was saying.  People were mostly shocked.  I just want to scream "Beyond Reasonable Doubt" to some people.  I won't.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Honestly I wasn't all that shocked.  I really didn't think they would find her guilty.  It was to high profile of a case with not enough evidence. 


*Boring Stuff I just want to remember, because I'm a dork*
I tweeted "140 characters isn't enough to describe my feelings".  Facebook status said, "I hate to say it but if I'd been on the jury I wouldn't have been able to convict her either."  It was received with mixed reviews.

No comments: