Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Football Season


It's my favorite time of year.  I love football season.  I love our tailgate "family".  I love getting to visit my baby brother in college.  I love The University of Alabama.  I loved my time there and I love going back to visit.  I also love football.  I love pee wee football, high school football and college football (I'll watch the NFL but I wouldn't say that I love it). 
This year we had a new spot.  My parents sold the house we'd been at for the previous 5 years and moved John into an apartment.  We've never been in an apartment so we were a bit anxious at how it'd all work out.  John's place isn't big by any means but I think we had enough room.
We drove through a monsoon and I just knew it was going to be raining the whole time but it didn't rain a drop once we got there.  It cooled off a bit and actually turned out to be a nice day.  Hope sat by me and John came over from the student section to join us.  I am so thankful for my tickets but that climb to the top of the upper deck proved to be a bit more of a challenge than it has in previous seasons.  I'm thinking its the extra 15lbs I'm carrying but it's so worth it. 
All in all I think our first tailgate at the apartment was a success.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

The resident manager moved his big screen out into the breezeway so people that didn't have tickets could watch out there.  It was a pretty nice little set up.
This was the only picture I took at the game.  I didn't even take my big camera to Tuscaloosa.  I am a slacker. 
Don't worry it'll be the first thing packed for our road trip this weekend to Arkansas. 

No comments: