Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Friday we had book club.  We read Emily Giffin's new book Where We belong.  It was so good.  I really enjoyed the book.  Its about a 18 year old girl who was adopted at birth and she seeks out her birth parents.  It was an easy read that really kept your attention.  Marion hosted and made some wonderful lasagna.
 
Before we went to book club Kristen and I thought we should put Ellie's birthday present together.  I mean how hard could it be.  Well your answer is very hard.  About 100,00 pieces and 2 pages of directions later we finished.  I'll be honest Kristen did most of the work.  Which shouldn't surprise you at all.  I made some cute vinyl decals for the side so she'd be riding in style.


Ally had to give it a test drive!
 
Saturday morning Ally and I slept till 9:00 and it was wonderful!  She usually wakes me up earlier, she must have been tired too.
 
 
We quickly got up and turned on ESPN's College Gameday.  I was so happy to see the guys again!  They were live in Dallas!  I didn't watch for long because...
This cutie was celebrating her first birthday and there were errands to be run.  I got ready and rode with Lorie to get the cakes and finish the last minute decorating.
How cute is she.
This might be my favorite picture from the whole day.
She loved her new ride.  All the other kids took turns pushing her around the party.  She just waved and honked her horn like she was in a parade.
 
2011

2012
I had to put these two from at the hospital last year and this weekend.  For the record it was raining and humid as everything Saturday.  I'm blaming my appearance on that!
 
Saturday night I headed home and watched the Alabama game and all I can say about that is Wow!  It was a great game (if you're a tide fan)!  I'm so excited about the season.  I'm heading to Tuscaloosa this weekend!
 
Sunday morning I headed to the lake to spend the day with my family!  It was a nice day.  I never got in the water but I heard it was cold!  I was home in time to watch Big Brother.  Have y'all been watching.  It's my guilty pleasure of the summer and I love that it always ties up the end of summer and the beginning of fall for me.
Monday was a very lazy day for me.  I slept 12 hours Sunday night into Monday and it was glorious!  I watched a movie marathon on LMN.  Finally, I put out a few fall decorations (I know it's early but it is September and I'm ready!).
I have so many posts I want to write and catch up on.  Hopefully I can do that this month.  I want to post our new hardwood floors that I love so much.  We're working on the nursery tonight starting with paint so I hope to keep the progress updated here. 
This is my favorite time of year!

No comments: