Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Review

Friday was our monthly book club.  We decided to do something a little bit different this month.  We read Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks and went to see the movie.  It was a nice change.  I loved the book.  It was one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books.  Just enough of a love story mixed with suspense to hold you attention.  The movie was good too but it was a lot different from the book which usually makes me angry but I didn't mind this one.  
My parents kept Barrett because Patrick had to work.  They said he cried nearly the whole time I was gone.  Which makes me sad but I came home, fed him and put him to bed and he slept for 6 hours straight.  I was a proud Mama.  (It was short lived he got up nearly every hour Saturday night!)

Saturday I went to my parents again so they could watch Barrett while I ran to the store.  He was more pleasant than Friday night but he started to get fussy so we went home.  It was bath night, which he hates.  I bathed him and he screamed the entire time.  I'm scared the neighbors are going to hear him and call DHR, it's that bad.  After his bath I got him dressed and sat him down. I got my camera out and he just started smiling at me.  This is my favorite picture of him to date.

It's been a rough week for my family.  My little brother's dog had been battling a hip injury for months, she'd had surgery on it and it just wasn't healing.  They took her to another vet for a second opinion and he confirmed that she had bone cancer and it was bad.  They had to have her put down Monday and it was the saddest thing.  She was such a good dog.  We already miss her dearly.  My little brother brought her home when she was a puppy on his bicycle and didn't tell my parents he was getting her.  They were mad at first but John and Daisy were so cute together you couldn't stay mad at him.  She lived with John in Tuscaloosa until this year he moved into an apartment and couldn't keep her there.  She loved John so much.  She missed him while he was at school.  She would light up when he came home to visit.  We know she's better off now.  She was in so much pain, it was heart breaking.


John was 14 when he brought her home.  I love this picture of them!

Tomorrow Barrett is 2 months old and we're going to the doctor for his check up.  It will involve shots and I'm not excited about it.

No comments: