Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Zoo day

When I found out I was pregnant one of the things I couldn't wait to do with Barrett was the zoo.  Patrick was off today so we loaded up and headed there this morning before it got hot.  Of course we would choose the hottest day of the year to take our 5 month old to the zoo.
This was one of the first exhibits we walked up to.  Patrick and I were so excited this birds were right at eye level for Barrett. 
 
We pushed him right up to the glass and he just looked at me like I'd lost my mind.  It's going to take more than a couple of birds to impress this kid.
 
Next we went to the primate house.  These monkeys were as fascinated by us and we were them.  They were all playing together then one by one they just stopped and starting watching us.  It was pretty funny.

This is the first time I'd been since they opened the new "Trails of Africa" exhibit.  The elephants have so much room, I could have watched them all day.  Two of them were playing and aggravating each other.  It was fun to watch them.

My boys

My sweet boy.

Love my little family.

Our zoo has this Dinosaur exhibit with animatronic dinos.  I'm going to be honest, I wasn't that impressed.
Peacock showing his colors.  It was beautiful.  I was wishing I had my real camera in this moment.
This boy was worn out. 
It was a really fun day with my boys.  Now we are both dreading going back to work tomorrow.


No comments: