Sunday, September 8, 2013

Oh Two-dles: Weekend Review

{First of all thank you for the texts and comments about my last post.  I'm glad to know I'm not alone but I'm sad that anyone struggles with the guilt.  The best thing we can do is build each other up and support each other.  We are all doing the best we can for our families.}


We had a pretty busy weekend.  Friday night I had a little me time and browsed Target with Kristen.  She was with her parents when I called her to see if she wanted to go so they just dropped her off.  When I got there I was going to call her to see where she was in the store but then I decided it would be more fun to see how long it took me to find her.  It took me about 2 minutes, she was in the first place I looked.  The shoes!  We wondered around for over an hour and it was good for my soul.  I picked up some pumpkin spice k cups and Coldstone sweet cream creamer, it was the best purchase I made.  I don't ever buy creamer, I've always viewed it as a total luxury splurge but oh my word was it worth it.  I've had one every afternoon and it's been my favorite part of the day.

Saturday we had two birthday parties.  The first was Elise's "Oh Two-odles" party.  Lorie put together a perfect Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party and it was so cute.  She made all the ears.  Barrett wore his the entire day. 

I love everything about this picture.



For fun here are the last two years!



He was so cute, until it was nap time, then he got a little fussy. But thankfully Lorie's dad and stepmom stepped in and got him to sleep so I could visit.  They are such sweet people.  They always make you feel like part of the family.

Barrett and Aunt Kristen.  They got to hang out a lot!

After Elise's party we headed to my inlaws for Patrick's niece's party.  We came home in time for the boys to watch Auburn play.

Today we went to church then to my parent's house for lunch.  All the grandkids were there.  Harper and been in love with all things American Girl since we went to the store.  She made her own high chair for lunch.  Nana also bought her and the doll an outfit that matched.  It was pretty cute.
We had a tea party.  Then it was "Julie's" birthday so we all had to sing happy birthday to her.  
Pretty funny hearing my dad sing happy birthday to a doll.



When I got home this afternoon.  I made sloppy joes while Patrick fed Barrett.  Why are sloppy joes so good.  They seem so gross but we love them.
We're ready for our short week and then vacation!

No comments: