Friday, September 27, 2013

Barrett's First Beach Trip (Part III)

Part I: {Here}, Part II: {Here}
Our last night of vacation we went about 20 minutes down the beach to Seaside.  Seaside in on 30A which is the prettiest, most natural beaches in the area.  We met Lorie, Joseph and Elise and headed out to the beach for some pictures.  My biggest concern when we decided to go to the beach just our little family of 3 was who was going to take our picture. I know, first world problems.  It was an added bonus that we got to take some really cute pictures of our kids together.



As you can see getting them to both look at us and smile was easier said than done.



Love my little family.

I bought this little outfit earlier in the summer for beach pictures.  I thought it was so sweet (even if it is a little girly).  When I look at this picture I can't believe that he's mine.  I can't believe I have a beautiful, healthy son.  I can't believe that he's already 9 months old.  I feel so overwhelmingly blessed to be his mommy.

Elise wanted to hold him.  He wasn't so sure.

My best friend and our kiddos.

Beautiful sunset.  I think it was the prettiest one we saw all week.

I love this one.

Taking pictures on the beach was the perfect ending to a great week.  I loved spending time as a family.  I also loved getting to spend time with friends.  I'm someone that typically likes to have a plan, even on vacation.  I let go a little and we just went with the flow for the most part.  I had a few things that I wanted to do (mostly places to eat) and we just relaxed as much as you can with a 9 month old and enjoyed this season of life.  It was definitely different from any other beach trip I've taken.  I normally take at least two books if I'm going for a week.  We we went for a week a couple of years ago I read 5 books while we were gone.  I didn't even finish one book this trip.  I went down a couple of days while the boys took a morning nap and just enjoyed the beach by myself for a few hours.  It was a nice little recharge.
Patrick and Barrett really bonded. That was the most time they've spent together since we were in the hospital.  I love watching them together.  
It was a great week.  I can't wait to go back and make more memories as a family.  

No comments: