Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Review


We had a fun, busy weekend.  Thursday I took this adorable picture of Barrett before work.  It's officially bubble suit weather and I love it. 
I know he's mine but I think he's adorable.

Friday night Patrick's mom and sister hosted a little bridal shower for one of Patrick's cousins.  I was worried how Barrett did since he's usually in bed by 7:30 or 8:00 and the party didn't start until 7:00.  He did fine but I was exhausted by the time we got home at 10:30.

Saturday morning I let Barrett feed himself with a spoon.  He did a pretty good job and was very proud.
I put him down for an early nap since he was up so late the night before and we had somewhere to be right in the middle of his normal nap time.  He slept for 3.5 hours.  While he slept I cleaned house.  My house was a disaster so it felt good to get it cleaned up a bit.

Ally caught up on her sleep too.

When Patrick got home from work and Barrett woke up from his nap we headed to a gender reveal party for some of our friends.  They have one son who is 3.5 and shes due with this baby in May.  They didn't find out what the first baby was so this time they decided to find out with friends and family.  I'd never been to a gender reveal before but it was a lot of fun.  My friend Brittany with Sweet P designs did the party and it was so so so cute.  The theme was "One Fish, Two Fish, Pink Fish, Blue Fish"

Barrett was not interested in having his picture made.
Love my little family though.  We stayed way to late but Barrett was so good and we enjoyed just getting to hang out as a family with other families.  
Sunday we got up and went to Mass, then to lunch at my mom and dad's house.  It was a rainy, gloomy day so we came home and took naps and watched movies.
The evaluation went well last week.  We still haven't heard back from them.  I plan on calling today. We felt much better about the situation after going last week.  Since we decided to tell everyone what was going on, we've received so much support from people that either went through the evaluation process and weren't eligible or qualified and loved the system. So we are very encouraged.  I'll do another post when we know what our next step will be.

No comments: