Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Dirty Thirty Birthday Extravaganza

I decided to break this up into a few posts.  

We've been planning this trip for a few months.  Since we're all turning 30 within the year we decided to take a trip to celebrate.  I was so nervous to leave my boys but I was so excited too.  I new Patrick and Barrett would be fine. 
We started our journey early Friday morning.  When I say early I mean I was picking up my first passenger (Crystal) at 2:30am.  Crystal and I arrived at Brittany's to get her and Mallory and we were on the road by 3:00, right on schedule.  We decided to save money and drive to Atlanta instead of flying.  I was worried that it would be a nightmare and it really wasn't so bad.  We arrived in Atlanta right on time and quickly got checked in.  My suitcase weighed 50 lbs exactly.  I was pretty proud of that.  My favorite moment from the shuttle ride was when someone asked us where we were going and everyone just kinda looked at each other.  We weren't exactly sure because we knew we had transportation set up and didn't really have to know.  I'm sure the other people on the shuttle thought we were idiots.  For the record we went to the Riviera Maya.
Here we are right before take off.  I don't like to fly.  I get really anxious mainly because I get sick and I didn't really want to throw up.  I usually have a drink before I fly but it was 8:00 in the morning and I wasn't ready to start drinking just yet.  I got a little upset when I called Patrick right before we boarded the plane but I after I talked to him I was better.  Before I knew it we were cleared for take off and away we went. 
{A little background on these girls.  The top left is Crystal, we cheered together in high school and she still lives in Gardendale and we see each other a lot since her youngest is Barrett's age.  Top right is Mallory, we graduated high school together and went to the N'SYNC concert together in 10th grade.  Bottom right is Lindsey, we also cheered together but she is younger than us.  I hadn't seen her in years and enjoyed catching up with her. Bottom Left is Brittany, she was the common denominator in the group.}
After our 2-3 hour flight and 30 minute van ride we arrived here!
It didn't take long to park ourselves here!  I loved the beach set up because you could easily sit in the sun or the shade.  It was great because we could all sit together but still be comfortable.
Brittany and I walked up to the front to make our dinner reservations and we were so happy to be there!  The resort was huge and we quickly learned that if we were going from the beach to the front we wanted a ride.
Most of the shuttles were just 6 passenger golf carts. But they had this one and we call it the zoo train.  We only rode it a couple of times.

On our way back to the beach we stopped for some ice cream.  
We were all exhausted Friday from our early start and morning of traveling so we just went to one of the buffett's for dinner.  None of us felt like getting ready so we just wore our swim suits and cover ups and we were way under dressed.  Like afraid they were going to make us leave.  They didn't but we tried to dress appropriately for the rest of the trip. 
Breakfast was my favorite meal each day.
We quickly got our spot on the beach and I learned they will fill your water bottle with margaritas if you want.  It was a good day! We sat on the beach and talked and read and laughed.  It was so good for my soul.
My team had a big game Saturday afternoon so I had to wear my elephant earrings and houndstooth hat to support them.
Mallory missed the group picture that morning because she was at the gym.
For lunch Brittany and I just went to the little snack bar at the beach and got a hamburger.  These animals are everywhere and they'll come right up to you.  On the left it was sniffing our table and then out of no where it jumped on the table and stole the top bun to my burger.  The picture on the right was my reaction.  Brittany captured it and I'm so glad she did.  We were laughing so hard.  
Animals were everywhere.  I thought this giant lizard was going to get my lip gloss.  Lucky for me Crystal was brave enough to get my lip gloss and take a close picture of it.  

Saturday night we had reservations for dinner at the Italian restaurant.  We got dressed up and it was delicious.  
At dinner.
Food at dinner.
After dinner.
After dinner.  I am a good 4 inches shorter than everyone else so I was the perfect height for the bottom, middle of the group selfie.
After dinner we headed back to the room and hung out.
Then this guy got in our room some how.  We waited outside for a man to come around so we could ask him to get it out.  We saw this couple going to their room and Brittany asked him if he was afraid of frogs and he agreed to help us, truth be told we didn't give him much of a chance.  I told him the only tool I had was a cup, he was like "Oh I don't need it."  Then he got close and saw it and said, "you still got that cup?"  We laughed, he got the frog.  We thanked him profusely and he avoided us the rest of the trip.  
That sums up our first two days in paradise.  I'll be back with more...

No comments: