Thursday, May 21, 2015

Mother's Day

{I'm so behind on blogging.  There are so many things I want to write about that I just haven't gotten around to.  Hopefully I'll get it done soon}

We had a really nice Mother's Day.   We got up and got ready for church.  Patrick wasn't feeling well so he stayed home from church. Barrett brought home this sweet card and flower from school.  Of course I love them both.
Barrett and Patrick also got me a full length mirror so I won't have to stand on the stool in the bathroom to see my whole outfit in the mirror.  I love it!
After church we went to my parents house for lunch.  Patrick snapped this picture of me and Barrett and I just love it.  He's at a fun age he's always hamming it up for the camera.  After naps we went to the Horton's house for dinner.  This year Mother's day was hard.  I should have been celebrating finding out the gender of our second baby.  I'm so thankful for my sweet boy who made me a mother but I still had a little pang of sadness.  Then I think about the women who desperately want to be mothers and aren't for one reason or another.  I hate that a day to celebrate these special women in our lives also tend to make other women feel such isolation. I try to focus on the positive but sometimes that's just hard.  

No comments: