Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Horton House Daily: Week 18


Welcome to week 18 of The Horton House Daily.   We haven't been up to much lately and it's been kind of nice.
Day 120:  I had a meeting this night so we were late getting home.  I let Barrett stay up until Patrick got home from work.  He loves laying on my pillow when he's in our bed.
Day 121:  They were talking about this website on the TODAY show so I decided to give it a try.  It guesses your age based on a photograph.  Mine said 19.  I'll take it.
Day 122:  Our little Princess Ally now shares a birthday with the Royal Princess Charlotte.  She couldn't be more thrilled about it.  I can't believe she's 7 years old.
Day 123:  I was in curled up in bed before 9 :00 with this book.  I just love it.  I'm so thankful for all the friends I've had through every stage of life.

Day 124:  "When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator."  The moon was beautiful.  I went to watch Ava play softball at the ballpark next to our neighborhood.  This day was Patrick's first day at his new job too.  (He's had a good first week, we're excited to have him around more)
Day 125:  Cinco de Margarita-O.  I'm a fan of any holiday made up or otherwise that encourages the consumption of margaritas.
Day 126:  I was picking up pizza with the sunroof open and the windows down.  I couldn't help but think "Life is good today."  I feel like 2015 has been one of the most challenging years of my life.  I'm trying to remember to celebrate all the answered prayers both big and small. 
We're looking forward to summer and a slower pace.  I'm thankful that Barrett will still get to go to MDO during the summer and I'll still be working but we typically slow down a little for the summer so we can sneak in some pool days and long weekends at the lake.  I'm can't wait.


No comments: