Friday, January 15, 2016

Christmas

So Christmas was forever ago but I just uploaded some pictures so lets talk about it.  Not to mention my tree is still up and Barrett asks to watch "Mickey Mouse Christmas" at least once a day so we're still celebrating.
 
Christmas Eve we went to my grandmother's house for lunch and it was so hot outside I thought I was going to die.  Being pregnant when the weather is cooperating with your wardrobe is frustrating.  I had nothing to wear because all my maternity are warm clothes for winter.  Since it's winter.  I was not ready for nearly 80 degree weather.
My grandmother with 4 of her 7 grandkids

And with 5 of her 8 (9 now, almost 10) great grandkids plus my two brothers.
 
We enjoyed lunch and visiting with my grandmother and my Aunt before we rushed home to get ready for church.
Where is was also a thousand degrees.  I thought I might pass out.  I didn't but Barrett fell asleep in Patrick's lap and they both were pouring sweat.  After church we usually go over to mom and dad's house but this year we went to look at lights and then headed home so we could get ready for Santa.

Family selfie after church.  Last Christmas just the 3 of us!
We put some cookies out for Santa.
Then put our two year old to bed for the last time.
Poor kid doesn't realize it's his birthday too.

Santa came!  We kept things small and simple this year.  Barrett loved everything so much and he was so sweet playing with everything.

I've already showed this but our picture in front of the tree.

I don't think this is from Christmas but I thought it was cute of Barrett and Porter.
 
We had a nice morning at my parents even though it was 80 degrees outside and their air conditioning wasn't working.  Porter got a SEGA with games already loaded so we hooked it up and played Sonic.  Ok, I played Sonic and every one watched until they'd had enough.
 
Mom and dad with their 5 grandkids at the time. 
 
We left my parents, went home and recharged for the next stop.  The weather got bad and we ended heading to the Horton's house in flash floods.  It rained so much.  We enjoyed being with them so much.
Barrett got Woody and Buzz for his birthday from us and they go everywhere with us.  I love this picture of him sleeping on the way home Christmas night. 
We had such a wonderful Christmas season.  We were busy and I didn't get to enjoy it the way I wanted.  I didn't get all my Christmas cards out, we didn't do our advent activity calendar like I'd hoped but we still had a lot of fun and really tried to focus on the reason for the season.  I'm sad it's over but we're so looking forward this next season and welcoming our new baby and looking forward to all the memories to be made in 2016.  We have a lot of fun things planned this year and I can't wait to have another little one to share in all the memories.


 


No comments: