Friday, July 22, 2016

5 Months

Five months old.  We're just cruising right along, the months just flying by.  I know the last half of the year will fly by and you'll be a year old before we know it.  I remember feeling the same guilt around this time with Barrett, that I didn't hold you enough and I regretted that I blinked and you are no longer a newborn.  This time around I've had the added guilt of trying to split my time between you and your brother.  I've said all along that splitting my time is the hardest thing about having two kids (well, that and getting everyone in and out of the car.)  Luckily you just go with the flow and don't seem to mind.  You get lots of cuddles too.  I've started letting myself just relax when we get home from work and I just hold you.  You usually take a nap but sometimes you don't.  I love that time of day.  You are the sweetest baby.  I know I say that every month but you really are.  You love your brother so much, you smile and laugh at him and your dad all the time.  You are definitely a Mama's girl and I'm perfectly okay with that!
  • You weighed 14.8llbs on the shipping scale at work.  You've haven't grown much this month and now I'm worried that all the clothes I've bought for Fall and Winter are going to be to big.
  • You are 26" long counting your hair.  This is not entirely accurate but it was the best I could get. 
  • You're still wearing size 6 months sleepers and 6 month dressy outfits.  We still wear the occasional 3-6 outfit (usually two pieces) and even a few 9m.
  • Size 3 diapers and you go through 5-6 per day. 
  • You sleep 12 hours at night in your crib!  It is amazing.  I was looking at Barrett's baby book and I don't think he did this until 7 or 8 months.  You are a champion sleeper.
  • You usually take a 1.5 hour nap in the morning and again in the afternoon and then another little cap nap before dinner. You usually just put yourself to sleep where ever you are.
  • You've been a little fussier at night when I try to put you down but most of the time we are able to just lay you in your crib and you go to sleep.
  • In the morning when you wake up you make the sweetest sounds and you're always so happy to see me.
  • You are still only taking breast milk.
  • We'll start food next month probably unless we think you're ready sooner.  Right now you don't seem interested.
  • You nurse every 4 hours for 15-20 minutes.  You take 5-6 ounces when you take a bottle.
  • You're rolling back to front.  You started that the day after you turned four months.
  • You like sitting up in your bumbo seat. 
  • You still very much suck your thumb and like your bunny.
  • You are squealing and talking more and more.  You love interacting with us.
  • Your smile is the best.  You will smile with your whole body sometimes.
  • You also are starting to really belly laugh. You've only done it a few times but it is the best.
  • We celebrated your first 4th of July and you loved the fireworks. 
  • Your hair is still dark and as you can see wild. 
  • Your eyes are still blue.
You have been such a joy to all of us.  Its so hard not to smile when you're around.  I find myself wanting to freeze time and daydreaming about the future all at the same time. You are just so sweet and happy.  We love you so much!

No comments: