Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Independence Day

I love the fourth of July.  I love Summer time holidays. I love grilled burgers, watermelon and American flags.  I love spending the day by the water and watching the fireworks light up the night sky.  I love it all!
We snuck out of the office a little early Friday afternoon and went to the zoo.  We saw the monkeys and elephants before we called it a hot day and headed home.  Barrett wouldn't let AveryAnn ride in the stroller and she was too hot in the carrier so we threw in the towel and headed home.  (Thankful for a zoo membership so we can go, spend and hour and not feel guilty.  It's already paid for itself several times over and we're only half way through the year.)
I bought a used bumbo for AveryAnn and she's a fan for short periods of time. 
Saturday brought another coordinating outfit before heading to the Moore's house for a day by the pool!  We're going to be so sad when they move and don't have a pool anymore.  But we're excited they're moving closer to us!
Jeremy made the boys so me frozen strawberry lemonade, they pretty much thought it was the coolest thing ever.
This girl will sleep anywhere.  She was so good all day long.  She's just the best baby ever.
Sunday we put on another matching red, white and blue outfit and headed to the lake for the day.  Barrett  had a blast swimming and throwing rocks.  It was a fun day.  We headed back home in time to go to the fireworks at the high school.  This is the first year they've done this and it was so much fun!


This is a terrible picture but you get the idea!

This girl loved the fireworks, Barrett did not.

He was all smiles until they started.

His first shoulder ride.  We were walking by their high school and it made me all emotional.  I know the years will fly by and it'll be no time until we're making that same trek on Friday nights for football games!

We had no plans for Monday and it worked out perfectly.  We were able to get some things done and take naps and just relax.  The boys went to Patrick's parents house for the afternoon to visit.  AveryAnn and I stayed home and did laundry.

I had to get a picture of my little firecracker on her first fourth of July.  We love a good long weekend but Tuesday, man Tuesday was a doozie.  I've never been happier to see Patrick walk in the door from work. 

No comments: