Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Disney World- Animal Kingdom

We love the zoo so we were very excited about Animal Kingdom.  When I went to Disney way back in middle school Animal Kingdom had just opened. (I was so sick on that trip that I didn't do anything in Magic Kingdom, didn't even go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.  The day we went to Animal Kingdom was the day I felt the best, so it became my favorite park.)  I was excited to go back because I knew a lot more had opened since I was there.
We got there around 10:00 and the first thing we had fast passes for was the safari.  We took our time entering the park.  We stopped to have our picture made in front of the Tree of Life.  The Moores went first and the photographer told them to make a "roar" face so Barrett was ready with his "roar" face.  AveryAnn was sound asleep.

This was easily the longest line we waited in all week and we had a fast pass.  The crowd levels were fantastic all week.  In fact, Patrick said he could never go during a busier time because we were so spoiled.
I loved the safari 18 years ago and I loved it just as much this time.  The animals are so close and the guides are so good at teaching about each animal.

Barrett wasn't so sure when the truck started going. It's a little rough.  He was also a little unsure when we got up close with the first animal.  It was a little close and he was sure it was going to get us.  We survived!  He was smiling by the end.


For lunch we ate at Harambe Market.  Patrick and I got the grilled chicken skewer.  It was delicious.
We walked through the gorilla trails.  Then headed to our next fast pass at Expedition Everest.   
Barrett opted out of our family picture in front of Everest.
We had fast passes for all four adults.  Well Patrick and Jessica aren't exactly thrill seekers.  So Jeremy and I rode it first to see if they would want to ride it. 
This is our ride photo from the first ride.  Jeremy's face says it all.  it's dark and we really had no idea what was happening.  We decided that neither Patrick nor Jessica would enjoy it so we got their magic bands and rode it again using their fast passes.  It was even better the second time.  One of my favorite rides.


We watched the hippo in this tank for a while.  It was so big the boys had a hard time even seeing it.

We walked around the tree just in awe.  It is so amazing. 


We went and rode another ride and AveryAnn slept through it.
We again probably didn't take full advantage of this park.  We didn't see any shows except It's Tough to Be a Bug.  Barrett didn't do great sitting through the shows.  In fact he was terrified in the bug show so I had to take him out.  I also wish we would have done the Wilderness Explorers program, I think the boys would have really enjoyed it.  We had dinner reservations at 'Ohana so we headed there around 4:30.
I'd heard wonderful things about this restaurant and it did not disappoint.  It was delicious.  I think it was my favorite meal of the week.  (I say that Be Our Guest was my favorite dinner and it was but 'Ohana is the one that I constantly find myself wishing I was eating. I loved the whole experience at Be Our Guest the most though.)

It's all you care to eat, family style and it's amazing.  This pineapple bread pudding was to die for.  I wish I had some right now.  We were done with dinner by 7:00 and we headed back to the room for an early night.  We were exhausted.  Jeremy, Jessica and Jackson hit the pool and we just hung out in our room.  We needed to rest because we were hoping to make rope drop the next day at Magic Kingdom.  (We're not morning people and we aren't those kind of people that function just fine on no sleep.)

No comments: