Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week Fourteen

We've been trucking right along this week.   Trying to make good choices.  I've been committed to working out 3 days a week for 10 weeks now and I can definitely see the changes in my body.
The other big news this week is I'm having breast reduction surgery.  It's something that I've thought about since I was 18 years old but I always wanted to wait until after I had kids.  Well I've had two kids and it was time to seriously consider it.  I went for a consultation back in August and I liked the surgeon ok but I wasn't convinced I wanted to do it.   I did get approval from my insurance company that they would pay 100% so that was good but I wasn't sold on this guy.  I talked to a few other friends and decided to go for a consultation with another surgeon and I really, really liked him.  He was so nice.  I never felt rushed.  We talked about exactly what I wanted the end result to be and I was very encouraged.  I left that day knowing I wanted to do it, we just had to decide when.  I originally thought I wanted to do it in January but after talking with this surgeon about recovery and my weight loss goals I felt confident that I wanted to go ahead and do it as soon as worked with our schedules.  So I went ahead and scheduled it for the first week of November.  I'm very excited.  I'm a little nervous to not be able to work out for several weeks.  Everyone that has had it done said it's 100% worth it. 

I'm down 2.4lbs this week!  I'm excited for this progress.  Every little bit counts!  I've got about 15lbs I'd like to lose before surgery in 7 weeks. 
I've lost 41lbs since March. (I think I'm going to change my graphics to reflect the total weight loss.)  I did another body fat analysis this week and the results weren't what I'd hoped for but I did lose 1.5" in my arm and .75" in my thigh.

I posted this on Instagram and facebook yesterday for "transformation Tuesday" yesterday.  That picture from Disney popped up on my timehop last week and I couldn't believe what I saw.  I knew I was overweight but I had no idea how big I really was.  I was 6 months postpartum and still breastfeeding but I was miserable.  Not necessarily with how I looked (I didn't love it but I because my body had just grown another human and was still feeding it I was ok with it) but I felt terrible.  I was so exhausted all the time.  I had zero energy.  I just didn't feel like myself and I wondered if I would ever feel like me again.  Here I am a year later and I feel great.  I love fitting into old clothes but I love the way I feel even more!  I'm so proud of how far I've come but I've still got a good way to go.







No comments: