Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Wednesday Weigh-In: Week Seventeen

We've had a pretty good week around here.  I'm feeling good.  Workouts are going well and it is really starting to show.  They say it takes 12 weeks for others to notice the changes in your body and I'd say that's definitely true.  My neighbor stopped me the other day to ask what I was doing because they could tell I'd lost a lot of weight. I told him and he said he was going to start too.  Yesterday he told me he's lost 13lbs.  We went out for Brittany's birthday Friday night and it felt good to not want to hide in the back of the group picture.  I can't tell you how long its been since I felt that kind of confidence.  We went to a bar to sing karaoke and had the best time.  It was so nice to just have fun and not be self conscious about how I looked.  I actually felt pretty.  I also ate a burger with the bun and French fries, drank margaritas, beer and had a cupcake.  I was sick as a dog Saturday.  It was the worst hangover I've had in a really long time.  I didn't drink that much (especially for me and I mix margaritas and beer all the time) but I couldn't keep anything down Saturday and I really think that the food I ate had a lot to do with it.  All the sugar was like poison to my body and it was terrible.  I've learned my lesson. 
Now for the scale!
-2lbs this week!!! That number is coming down and I'm so proud of it!  I'm 7.2lbs away from my surgery goal (which is 4 weeks away). and 22.2lbs away from end goal.  I'll be honest (and I think I say this every week) 6 months ago I never thought I'd see this number.  I'm still a little surprised when I look in the mirror.  It's a good feeling.

You're probably sick of hearing me say this but I'm so proud of those numbers.  I'm so proud of the person I see when I look in the mirror.  Yes, most of the time I still see the areas that still need work but I also am so proud of the muscles I see too. Just ask Brittany, I send her pictures of my muscles all the time.  Patrick thinks we're crazy. (Maybe we are just a little bit.)
That's all for this week.

No comments: